C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My time to RANT...Parts purchases off of C-3 parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 10:29 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default My time to RANT...Parts purchases off of C-3 parts

If you post a WTB and an agreement to purchase that part has been settled on. Buy the D@&N part. I am so tired of going into my 200 degree attic to pull parts out and photograph them, then take the time to download them and email them. Then Mr. WTB agrees on a price which is almost free. Then never mails a check. Since the check never comes, I got to put the darn part back in the 200 degree attic. What a pain in the ash. :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss
Just my time to rant.........
Old 07-11-2003, 10:52 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: My time to RANT...Parts purchases off of C-3 parts (Budman78)

Funny thing is I have seen a transaction such as yours, as probably all have, from all 4 points of view; I have sent the money first, I have recieved the money first, I have sent the part first and I have received the part first so I feel comfortable doing any. I have been lucky as far as having not lost money or a part but I have also not kept a part or money that was not mine. I feel most people are good so if I get ripped only very seldom then my belief in basic goodness of people is upheld. I tend offer to send the money or part first. But I guess I do like to see a pic so climb up in that attic and take me a pic so I can see what that part looks like. :p:
Old 07-11-2003, 10:59 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: My time to RANT...Parts purchases off of C-3 parts (Fevre)

I've never had a problem on either side like Fevre just said. I think I have given away more parts than sold and have been on the recipient side of free parts, for example a block that fevre gave me, intake from MotorHead and the list goes on. If my wife ever thought that I had parts up in the attic, for that much anywhere in the house, both the parts and me would be looking for a new place to stay. :cheers:
Old 07-11-2003, 11:03 PM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My time to RANT...Parts purchases off of C-3 parts (gdh)

I've never had a problem on either side like Fevre just said. I think I have given away more parts than sold and have been on the recipient side of free parts, for example a block that fevre gave me, intake from MotorHead and the list goes on. If my wife ever thought that I had parts up in the attic, for that much anywhere in the house, both the parts and me would be looking for a new place to stay. :cheers:
My attic is available if you need a place to stay :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:

I'm off to bed, tomorrow comes early.
Old 07-12-2003, 09:15 AM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Re: My time to RANT...Parts purchases off of C-3 parts (Dwayne 76)

Just wanted to say or clarify. I think most of us old school forum members either trade or give each other parts. I have been on the receiving side and giving side of both. The post was not to point out anyone, just to let the newer forum members know we are a tight group and respect each other efforts and time. :D
Old 07-12-2003, 09:46 AM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: My time to RANT...Parts purchases off of C-3 parts (Fevre)

Fevre,
I agree. I have bought and sold many parts using your various scenarios. Never had a disappointment. And believe it or not, I bought my 1967 from a Forum Member sight unseen: based solely on his description and digital pics. My money was in a US bank a couple of weeks before the car was shipped north (shipping/customs delays). And I am pleased as punch with the acquisition! I guess I am old school as noted and believe in the basic honesty of most people.
Old 07-12-2003, 10:52 AM
fst_c3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My time to RANT...Parts purchases off of C-3 parts (Budman78)

I've bought and sold a couple of times and C.O.D. with the post office seems to work best for me.

[Modified by fst_c3, 9:55 AM 7/12/2003]
Old 07-12-2003, 10:53 PM
phoenix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: My time to RANT...Parts purchases off of C-3 parts (fst_c3)

I feel your pain too... although the major issues that I have had have been my fault in delaying shipping. My job does not exactly ever give me the time to get to a shipping store or the post office, so occasionally it takes me a few days to get things shipped.

For the most part, people understand. Afterall, getting good parts for the cost of shipping should not leave a lot of room for complaints. :D:D

Get notified of new replies

To My time to RANT...Parts purchases off of C-3 parts

Quick Reply: My time to RANT...Parts purchases off of C-3 parts