C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Q-jet -> Holley Street Avenger. Ways to connect kickdown cable and throttle cable?

Old 07-11-2003, 08:17 PM
Phoenix79
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q-jet -> Holley Street Avenger. Ways to connect kickdown cable and throttle cable?

Application: 1979 L-48 stock Q-jet and manifold --> Street Avenger and Performer Manifold.

Hoses in place fuel line in place and everything is bolted down and ready to go. BUT....

Problem: Where can I mount the throttle cable? On the q-jet there was a bracket that bolted to the manifold under the carb, where the throttle cable could mount at, held in place. The kickdown cable is on the bracket with the what I believe is the cruise control unit. Anyone have any pictures of their setup? I'm a bit stumped. I understand how it works but where it mounts at to the carb and where I can hold the throttle cable in place is a mystery to me. Before I design and think of a plan I'd like to know how Corvette family members got their system to work. Thanks :)
Old 07-11-2003, 08:37 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Ways to connect kickdown cable and throttle cable? (Phoenix79)

I think you are asking how to mount and hold the throttle cable and the trans kick down cable.

Get a bracket like this. The top one has a place to hold the throttle cable (top hole) and the bottom adjustable hole is for the trans kick down cable. There is also a loop for a throttle return spring. This mounts to the stud in the drivers side rear of the carburetor, the one that you mount the carb to the intake with.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:42 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: Ways to connect kickdown cable and throttle cable? (BSeery)

You will also need a stud to mount the kick down cable to the throttle linkage. I got mine from Edelbrock.

You can try either #8018 - Automatic Trans. Kickdown Stud — TH350 & 700R4

or #8009 Throttle Cable Adapter — Chevy (1977 & later)
Old 07-11-2003, 09:40 PM
1979toy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Ways to connect kickdown cable and throttle cable? (BSeery)

Get the Edelbrock throttle bracket #8030 rather than the Mr. Gasket bracket. The Edelbrock piece is MUCH stronger.

Get notified of new replies

To Q-jet -> Holley Street Avenger. Ways to connect kickdown cable and throttle cable?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q-jet -> Holley Street Avenger. Ways to connect kickdown cable and throttle cable?