C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know where the squeeking/scratching noise is coming from, how do I solve it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 05:07 PM
Wrecked82
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Default I know where the squeeking/scratching noise is coming from, how do I solve it?

My windows make the worst scratching/squeeking noise when rolled up all the way. I think I have determined that it is the top edge of the glass rubbing against the screws that attach the rubber gasket to the ttop. Its a sound almost like fingernails on a blackboard.

Any idea how to solve it? I am thinking of a very tiny piece of harder rubber glued into place. Have thought about just some silicone or something on the screw head, but that might make getting the screws off if I ever need to change the gaskets.

Ideas?

Old 07-11-2003, 05:59 PM
77Dream
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: I know where the squeeking/scratching noise is coming from, how do I solve it? (Larry82)

I think the proper way to fix it is to adjust the window a little bit. There should be some kind of stopper inside the door panel that can be adjusted to stop the window from going up quite so high.

Or you could just put a dab of silicone on the screw head.
Old 07-12-2003, 03:41 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: I know where the squeeking/scratching noise is coming from, how do I solve it? (77Dream)

Definitely adjust your windows After you take off the door panel, there are stops in the window channels. On Top of the channels. Adjust these down a fraction of an inch.

Or you could just replace the T Top weatherstripping...Big Job. but do-able. :thumbs:

Get notified of new replies

To I know where the squeeking/scratching noise is coming from, how do I solve it?

Quick Reply: I know where the squeeking/scratching noise is coming from, how do I solve it?