C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update -clunk in rear

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 09:11 AM
tabbruzz
Safety Car

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Default Update -clunk in rear

Well, I really haven't had too much road time to test the car, but I decided to change the diff fluid on my 79 and found out that there was only about 2.5 ounces in there. I added the GM additive and gear oil. I hope this cures all the clunking I had after the car heated up.....Any thoughts as to why there was only 2.5 ounces with no apparent leak????
Old 07-12-2003, 06:04 PM
isosceles
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Update -clunk in rear (tabbruzz)

I had a little more than that in mine, but less than the filled amount should be. My side seals seap a little and I didn't know it until I changed the oil and filled it up to the drain plug level. Keep and eye on it, you might discover some leaks.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:25 AM
tabbruzz
Safety Car

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Default Re: Update -clunk in rear (isosceles)

I had a little more than that in mine, but less than the filled amount should be. My side seals seap a little and I didn't know it until I changed the oil and filled it up to the drain plug level. Keep and eye on it, you might discover some leaks.
I am keeping an eye on it, but I haven't seen any leaks yet...I hope I don't find any because I HATE LEAKS!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Tominator
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Update -clunk in rear (tabbruzz)

Did your clunk go away? Also Can you expand on your clunk noise, happen when put in gear or when driving?

Get notified of new replies

To Update -clunk in rear

Quick Reply: Update -clunk in rear