C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going in a Straight Line at LAST!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 06:42 AM
Skeets
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Going in a Straight Line at LAST!

i have FINALLY got my front wheels aligned... WHAT a difference!! ... i can actually belt along the motorway without a consious effort to keep the car in a straight line!!

i am a very happy boy! :yesnod:

... and thanks to Dart Corvette in Kent... excellent service! :cheers:
Old 07-11-2003, 09:52 AM
UKPaul
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Going in a Straight Line at LAST! (Skeets)

Hi Skeets,
How much did they charge (was it a full 4 wheel alignment) & how long did it take them (while u wait?)???
Are you going to Goodwood this weekend (they've got the original Mako shark there - I want to see Jeremy Clarkson's reaction!!!)?
:cheers:
Old 07-11-2003, 10:02 AM
stingray_76
Racer

i envy you :(
i've brought mine back and forth from an alignment shop for the past two years!!!!! and it still wonders on the road :banghead: :banghead:

[Modified by stingray_76, 10:02 AM 7/11/2003]
Old 07-11-2003, 01:18 PM
adamdinat
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool. I am still working on mine. It pulls right on acceleration and left on braking and wants to go right all the time. The drivers T/A is out of adjustment space. I used a VB poly bushing kit which comes with lot of shims and make the bushing stack fat. I am beginning to think that my PS was never adusted correctly either.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:05 PM
Skeets
Racer

Default Re: Going in a Straight Line at LAST! (UKPaul)

mine's steered badly for ever sting-76 ..don't give up!

Paul, they charged me £157 and checked all four wheels. My fronts were WAY out, and the backs just slightly.
I dropped it off at about 8 and it was done by 1pm.. though i actually came back to london in the mean time.

It doesn't steer like a mini or anything, but i wasn't expecting it to be pin-point ... and i've got pretty big tyres too, so that doesn't help .... but the difference is dramatic.. it was a real handful before.

Not planning to go to Goodwood as i've gotta work this weekend.. would love to see that mako shark though... and REALLY love to see what Jeremy Clarke's WEARING! ... i'm guessing Jeans that are too small perhaps? .. please take pictures!

Get notified of new replies

To Going in a Straight Line at LAST!

Quick Reply: Going in a Straight Line at LAST!