C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost done with the intake and street avenger carb swap. Few odds and ends and questions!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 11:28 PM
Phoenix79
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost done with the intake and street avenger carb swap. Few odds and ends and questions!

Application is a 1979 L-48, no smog pump but I do/DID have a EGR. I got the Edelbrock Performer without EGR.

The brake booster line needs to be moved no big deal I can get get rid of the metal line and replace it with a hose connecting it to the Street Avenger.

Now here's question 1: On the stock manifold right behind the Q-jet *towards the firewall* was a T-connector with 2 hoses that bolted directly into the manifold. What is that? The Holley Street Avenger extends out further than the Q-jet and does not allow me to connect that device into the Performer manifold. I suppose I can go to home depot and get a fitting that angles out exiting towards the rear instead of straight up. But what is it for?

Question 2: I need a 12v line that turns on and off with the car. This would be for the electric choke. Where would I find that wire?

Thanks for all your support. Been a great learning experience doing work on the Vette.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:19 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Default ends and questions! (Phoenix79)

that fitting behind the carb on the intake is a vacuum port for your headlight doors and transmission shift..you can get some "Y" fittings and splice into the power brake hose that connects to the carb and get all the necessary vaccum there for all 3 functions: brakes, headlights, trans. as for question 2, there should be a hot wire coming through the firewall..you should have had one connected on the old qjet.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:07 AM
Phoenix79
Instructor

Default Re: ends and questions! (REDSHARKONBOYDS)

Thanks Redsharkonboyds! Now I'm going to need to block off that vacuum port on the intake.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:57 AM
nicecurves79
Instructor

Default Re: ends and questions! (REDSHARKONBOYDS)

that fitting behind the carb on the intake is a vacuum port for your headlight doors and transmission shift..you can get some "Y" fittings and splice into the power brake hose that connects to the carb and get all the necessary vaccum there for all 3 functions: brakes, headlights, trans. as for question 2, there should be a hot wire coming through the firewall..you should have had one connected on the old qjet.
:iagree: i have a similar setup-youll like it.

Get notified of new replies

To Almost done with the intake and street avenger carb swap. Few odds and ends and questions!

Quick Reply: Almost done with the intake and street avenger carb swap. Few odds and ends and questions!