C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Vent Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 02:38 PM
79 Midnight Blue L82
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Vent Question

I cannot get my A/C to blow anywhere other than directly on our feet and this is getting to be an issue with my co-pilot :cuss . We will be making a run of about 2 hours each way this coming weekend and that is a long trip with frost on my wife's toes. Is there a way that I can manually get this air flow to come out the dash vents like it should instead of all going to the floor? I know I probably need to get a Doc Rebuild vacuum hose kit and fix it correctly, but, I don't have the time for that until winter gets here. Our car is a '79.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:57 PM
PatG
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: AC Vent Question (79 Midnight Blue L82)

The only way I know of to actuate the doors is with vacuum so you are going to have to get under the center console at the vacuum switch and determine what is not correct. It may be that you just have a loose hose or no vacuum source.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:23 PM
virtue4u
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: AC Vent Question (79 Midnight Blue L82)

Get a listening tube and see if you can locate a leak. Likely trouble spots are the switch, actuator or the heater shutoff valve above the air plenum. If it is the switch, you might try putting a small dab of vaseline between the plates. If it is an actuator, then it must be restored or replaced. IF it is the shutoff valve, then you must replace it. Sorry I can't be of more help, but you must locate the leak.

Get notified of new replies

To AC Vent Question

Quick Reply: AC Vent Question