C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Again with the L88 hood

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 11:36 PM
stinky
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Again with the L88 hood

Had the opportunity to purchase a long style L88 hood but turned out to be for 68-72 Vettes that are eliminating their windshield wiper door. Too long. Damn, it was in perfect shape too. So, calling Eckler (another chore) I've been informed that their long-style L88 hood for 77-82 years does NOT accept a fresh air chamber :mad

So, my question is has anyone attempted to fabricate one (a freshair chamber) for the latter years or somehow got one of the 2 sold by Ecklers to bond and work? I really would like to make use of the FA option. Thanks.

[Modified by stinky, 10:37 PM 7/8/2003]
Old 07-08-2003, 11:59 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

Default Re: Again with the L88 hood (stinky)

Try these people --> http://www.vanacorvette.com/

I purchased my L88 hood from them along with the cold air chamber. I'm very satisfied with the fit and finish of the hood.

:cheers:
Old 07-09-2003, 08:24 AM
GR8T WYT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Again with the L88 hood (stinky)

The air box that they sell was made for early short hood c-3's. It can be made to fit with a little fabrication and cutting of the box. I'm in the process of doing one now. Not real difficult, just need to study the job well and you'll see what needs to be done. I used insulating foam in a can to seal areas that did not mate tightly, it can be shaped and sanded when dry. Used silecone adheasive to secure box to hood. A little body filler to blend box to hood and there you have it.

Get notified of new replies

To Again with the L88 hood

Quick Reply: Again with the L88 hood