C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C/C Transducer

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 10:43 PM
Skeets
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C/C Transducer

i was just having a look at the Ecklers re-built Cruise Control transducers.....

Has anyone fitted one of these re-manufactured units? .... any good?
Old 07-08-2003, 11:11 PM
mark79,80
Melting Slicks

Received 181 Likes on 131 Posts

Default Re: C/C Transducer (Skeets)

Can order them thru Napa and Parts Advance stores. Have had some
initially defective, so buying local is more convenient for exchanges.
Price was also lower than the corvette vendors.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:57 PM
guppie
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

Skeets,
If you're interested in the Napa transducer the PN is CCR6207 for 73-82. That's all the farther back I looked, I assume earlier ones would be the same.
It runs $82.69 plus $16.50 core charge. :cheers:
Old 07-09-2003, 08:56 PM
terry82
Le Mans Master

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts

Default Re: C/C Transducer (guppie)

what is napa web site ?
Old 07-10-2003, 07:24 AM
guppie
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

Default Re: C/C Transducer (terry82)

http://www.napaonline.com
That price I quoted was from the store I work in. You could get it cheaper through a garage discount. :cheers:
Old 07-10-2003, 05:26 PM
77BlueL82
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have what appears to be an unused transucer for sale. Bought a whole lot of stuff on E-Bay for my CC and this was part of the package. If your interested e-mail me.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:23 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

If you're having problems with your speedometer, and aren't horribly interested in having the cruise control working, you might consider bypassing the transducer entirely and running a cable from the speedo to the tranny.

I have a new transducer, but my c/c does not work at all. :rolleyes:

-Steve
Old 07-11-2003, 06:25 AM
Skeets
Racer

Thanks guys.
Probably gonna have a stab at replacing it in a couple of months (a few more pressing fixes to do at the moment) ... but thanks for the info. If i buy one i'm gonna have to import it to the UK, so i need to know it's going to work!
Old 07-11-2003, 10:48 AM
theoUK
Pro

Hey,
I'm new to this forum, but seems a good point to start adding my random bits of info!
Skeets, I picked up a second hand transducer from Corvette Kingdom in Norfolk. This was literally just last week. Cost me 50 quid all up, and its rock-solid on the set speed. I know 50 notes is quite a lot, but the Ecklers ones are something like 90 bucks, so when you add postage for that, quite a heavy component, it would be approaching £100 all in. Plus the Ecklers ones are remanufactured, I think. So it's not like you're paying extra for a brand new unit. So take heart - you can get old ones over here! Try Corvette Kingdom 01692 536750, they seem to have a few breaking vettes. I'm sorry if I've pinched their last one!
What's actually wrong with your current one? Can you whip it apart and clean it up? Or is it terminal like my old one? If any of the parts from my old one can help you fix yours, we could probably sort something out between us...
Let me know, since some of the bits are missing from my old one, but you never know what you may find a use for.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Skeets
Racer

Default Re: C/C Transducer (theoUK)

Hi Theo,

thanks, i think i'll speak to a couple of the UK places about 2nd hand transducers... at least if they don't work i can take them back.

I wrecked mine when i drenched it (by mistake) with a pressure washer. I did try taking it apart but couldn't fix it... and i've had it freak out on me a couple of times ... sucking the throttle full open in traffic... Very Amusing, i assure you! :eek:

I'm not desparate for a replacement right away, but i'd really like to get the Cruise working again.. i've always thought it was pretty cool (even if i hardly used it! :D )
Old 07-11-2003, 11:28 AM
theoUK
Pro

Ok, well my first bit of advice is don't shell out yet!
If you're not mad keen to get cruise capability ASAP, then wait til i get my a*se into gear and put some pictures and words together on the net. If you've got a few spare hours and a bit of patience, then as long as nothing actually broke when you gave it a bath, i bet you could resurrect your old one. Like i say, some of my spare bits might be of help. I'll try and do it in the next week or so.
:cheers:
Old 07-11-2003, 11:30 AM
theoUK
Pro

You're right - it is pretty cool isn't it? Mine never worked until i replaced the buggered transducer. But i find it's a great toy. Not what most 23 year old British motors are used to.. And it's so bloddy mechanical in its operation, quite funny compared to todays electronic versions.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:50 AM
Skeets
Racer

it's great... i love it when it rev's the engine up when you go up hill!... and not a micro processor in sight :D

... do you think all our american friends think we're a bit strange.. getting so hyped over cruise control!! :lol:
Old 07-11-2003, 12:03 PM
theoUK
Pro

Oh yeah, we know ya'll think we're a bit odd over here:D
Mate, I get excited about having P/S P/W A/C and more than one interior light. More than one interior light?!? This type of luxury is almost obscene! I was brought up in the 80's, when a luxury car was a Granada 2.8i Ghia X executive. (Actually, I think they're a fantastic motor, and would love one) OK i suppose we have the obvious Jaguar and Rolls, but its crazy isn't it - the vette, although very special, is/was basically a monstrous sports car that many people could afford, i guess. You couldn't picture that type of luxury in your average Ford Capri, could you? What i do like about the c3s is the fact that all the goodies are there, but they're all practically steam powered, by todays levels. But they still work, and thats what makes them cool. And OK i'm an engineer, so blatently i'm going to like things you can actually see working!
Old 07-11-2003, 12:13 PM
Skeets
Racer

Ahhhh, the Granada 2.8 GhiaX!... lovely motor! (dad's got one sitting forlorn in the corner of his yard... always have a play in it when i visit!)

... and yes, i agree... the whole 'vacuum' thing is wonderfully eccentric! :lol:
Old 07-11-2003, 12:44 PM
theoUK
Pro

I've always loved the whole boxy thing they've got going on. I learnt to drive in my mums Cortina Crusader estate. It handled like a boat, or worse, but like the "Grandad" it had a certain elegance about its squareness. British motors don't tend to look very tough, they're all a bit "apologetic" but these two have a bit more a a macho stance. Makes you want to grow a hairy chest and start wearing Brut or Old Spice :cool:
It's probably something to do with being used in "the Proffesionals".
If I could afford to have numerous cars to drive, I'd definitely try to look out for one of those little beauties! They're almost at classic status these days......
And there's always a mint one wafting about if you keep your eyes open!
This is rapidly becoming Granada_and_Cortina.com, and i guess F*rd is a bit of a four letter word on here! But still, praise where its due and all that.
(Made that website up by the way - no poopie :rolleyes: , so don't go looking)
Old 07-11-2003, 12:48 PM
theoUK
Pro

Thats interesting. I write "no sh___", suitably censored with an *, and it gets edited to "no poopie"

Big brother is watching. And fair enough.

Get notified of new replies

To C/C Transducer

Old 07-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Skeets
Racer

.... sadly, there probably IS a granada&cortina.com!

blimey, cortina crusader!...wasn't that a special edition or something?.. i think my physics teacher had one!

I have thought about putting this old ghia X on the road for a laugh (yet ANOTHER crappy old car to drive)... but i think i would draw the line at going to a Granada owners club meeting. :rolleyes:

good as a getaway car i imagine!

OK... enough about granadas! you realise that no one is gonna want to talk to us if they find out about our prediliction for Fords executive express!
(i think i've got a brocure for one somewhere!)
Old 07-11-2003, 04:08 PM
87bob
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Re: C/C Transducer (mark79,80)

Got a rebuilt one today at a local auto parts store for 73.65 plus tax. The nice part is there is a cruise control system check out procedure in the box with it for both the electrical and vacuum with nice diagrams of the various componets.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:29 PM
Andrew CM
Instructor

You two want to think yourselves lucky - my first car was a Allegro. :yesnod: I loved that car, especially its hydro-pneumatic suspension - now that was advanced. Had keep fit windows, no radio and a gear change like a spoon in honey but, hey, it was wheels man! :cool:
My cruise doesnt work either and I'd like to get it going. I have noticed there is no connection between the vacuum and the carb connection so I've got to make something up to replace that first. It does worry me a little why it was taken off in the first place if everything else appears to be there... :confused:

Quick Reply: C/C Transducer