C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will Chambered exhaust from a 69 fit on my 75

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 10:34 PM
L-82kid
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Will Chambered exhaust from a 69 fit on my 75

I have a 75 L-82 and just removed the stock exhaust system because I plan on replacing it with true duals and headers. The exhaust system I plan on installing is an Allen's 2.5" chambered system which came off my father's 69. The pipes are set up for headers and have an H-pipe welded in already. My question is, will the pipes fit on my 75 or will i have problems with the tail pipes for the chambered sections back?

Also, has anyone here installed chambered pipes on their stock L-82? I was wondering how much of a noticable difference in sound and performance the pipes will make. I know they will be louder then the stock exhaust but i want really loud. :thumbs:

[Modified by L-82kid, 10:42 PM 7/8/2003]
Old 07-09-2003, 01:17 AM
Rockn-Roll
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Will Chambered exhaust from a 69 fit on my 75 (L-82kid)

Do you mean like these?:

Or, do you mean underside? I am sure that the 69 and 75 frames and bodies are nearly identical. You should have no problems with chambered. Mine are loud enough to be pleasantly audible at all times. At first they were too loud until I fixed my A/C so I could roll the windows up. :)

They sound awesome! I don't know about "Allen's 2.5" though. I think mine are 2"...though not sure...they are the stock '69 pipes though. But, since they were on the car before I bought it I have no idea where they came from. They fit great though.

Quick Reply: Will Chambered exhaust from a 69 fit on my 75