C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Colorado Member!!! Help and Advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 01:44 PM
75Rag
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Colorado Member!!! Help and Advice

My wife and I are planning a fall (probably early sept) golf, hiking, sight seeing holiday this fall and we'd like it to be in Colorado. We are not "high enders, resort style" folks and enjoy more of a down to earth holiday. Any reccommendations as to area, or even specific establishments would be welcomed!!

(we'll be flying down)

Michael
Old 07-08-2003, 03:19 PM
rainman69
Drifting

Default Re: Colorado Member!!! Help and Advice (75Rag)

I recommend Breckenridge, as it's beautiful in the Summer and Fall. I also recommend this place: http://www.goldpoint.com/lodge.htm (Gold Point Condos). They are located up the mountain so you can overlook the valley and are not expensive for where they are and how they're accomodated (large kitchen, large bedrooms, large den, 8 person hot tub, etc.

There is hiking, and even mountain climbing right out the back door of the condos. I recommend hiking/climbing to the top of the 13,700' peak (Baldy Peak) behind the condos if you are in good high altitude shape. If you are a lowlander (like I've been for the past year), I would recommend renting a Jeep from in the town and driving up most of the way, as there are old mine entrances and such that you can check out. Stay out of them though...they are quite dangerous.

There is gold panning, gold mining tours, you're close to places like Aspen, Denver, and other interesting places.

I highly recommend the Breckenridge area if you're interested in the outdoors. You can PM me for details or other suggestions...I lived in Colorado Springs for 4 years.

Oh, and if you get the chance, and they're allowing visitors, I recommend visiting the Air Force Academy...a beautiful installation, and Noon Meal Formation is fun to watch (so I've heard...I marched in it for 4 years). The Cadet Chapel is amazing.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:29 AM
75Rag
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Colorado Member!!! Help and Advice (rainman69)

Thanks rainman, any other suggestions?
Old 07-15-2003, 04:50 PM
criz51
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've lived in Colorado 30 years and have never tired of the mountains. I would suggest Steamboat Springs in early Sept. as the aspen should start changing by then. Steamboat like Breckenridge is an old mining town but less developed than Breck. The downtown area looks as it did 70 years ago and gives you a real feel of what the Old West was like in the US. You'll have plenty of siteseeing, golfing, great restaurants and bars to choose from as well. You can do an easy daytrip to Vail from there as well if you want to see the 'other' type of Colorado. Good luck.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:45 PM
fst_c3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lived in Southern Colorado for a few years,Canon City,(not in one of the 13 prisons). Every where I went was an adventure. Southern Utah is very nice also. Here is a cool web site to look around on:

http://picturesofplaces.com/

Get notified of new replies

To Colorado Member!!! Help and Advice

Quick Reply: Colorado Member!!! Help and Advice