C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice for value of '81

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 01:42 AM
midyearguy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Advice for value of '81

Looking to sell our '81 vette, just don't have the time to fix it up. Can anyone give me some advice as to it's value and if anyone's interested in it, please let me know. Car is originally beige/camel, and still has the correct colors. Paint is nice, I'd say a 7 or even 8 after a good washing. Shows 42000KM, as car is from Canada. Engine and tranny are correct and it runs great. Frame is good, just minor surface rust. Interior needs new carpet, and seat covers, probably more, right now carpet is out and seats are unbolted. Has PW,PB,PS,AIR,Auto,power seats, the works. Car has been sitting for about 7 years, and definitely needs some work. Thanks
Old 07-07-2003, 02:56 AM
Greg
Just another Corvette guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,835 Likes on 1,782 Posts

Default Re: Advice for value of '81 (james75)

Hey James,
I just picked up an '80 in similar condition. White paint is faded, interior is dark claret, carpet is shot, was pretty dirty in & out but ran well and I drove it home. I paid $2,500 which I thought was fair.
The beige/camel is a hard sell & '81 has that computer controlled carb. From your description and without seeing the car I'd hit it around $2,000.
Good luck, Greg

Quick Reply: Advice for value of '81