C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Open-End Ratchet Wrench from Alden Wrench.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 04:48 AM
sharker
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open-End Ratchet Wrench from Alden Wrench.

Putting the new fan clutch on my 69 tonight was a PITA. The place for the 4 bolts that hold the fan shaft and the pulley to the waterpump does not have enough vertical clearance for a socket. Using an open wrench takes forever because there's only about 10 deg of clearance to turn it each time. I thought I'd benefit greatly from a ratcheting wrench. The trouble is, even if I had a ratcheting wrench, I still wouldn't be able to get it around the bolt because it's too close to the fan shaft.
Now if I had a ratcheting wrench that's open at the end then clearance wouldn't be an issue... :yesnod: Went on the internet and found that there is this company that makes such a tool (no, Sears doesn't have it)
http://www.aldenwrench.com/

Looks like a swell idea. They have many internet vendors (just search for Alden Wrench and they'll jump up) and a LA distributor. Anyone ever used such a product before?
Old 07-05-2003, 02:23 PM
sharker
Pro

Default Re: Open-End Ratchet Wrench from Alden Wrench. (sharker)

ttt
Old 07-05-2003, 05:34 PM
75 BBC Stingray
Racer

That looks interesting. I do remember SEARS having a ratcheting open ended wrench. It looked like a normal box wrench with an extra radius on one side of the working surfaces. I don't own a set or have ever used one, just remember the advertising.
Old 07-06-2003, 01:16 AM
pillowmeto
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen those by big name companies like sears and craftsman. also i have seen the wrenches that sre just cut to rachet, no moving parts just modified regular wrenches. I think i saw them at advance auto.

MAtt

Get notified of new replies

To Open-End Ratchet Wrench from Alden Wrench.

Quick Reply: Open-End Ratchet Wrench from Alden Wrench.