C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a accelerator cable bracket for a holley and overdrive

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 12:13 AM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need a accelerator cable bracket for a holley and overdrive

Putting my 78 back together and I need to purchase a bracket for a holley carb and throttle cable. I suppose I can use the cruise control bracket to hook up the TV cable on my BTO 700R4. Any info would be helpful or pictures.
Also where can I get a throttle cable from that will fit the hole in the firewall. I bought one off the web but it had the wrong type of hookup at the firewall.
Neil in Tenn
Old 07-05-2003, 12:53 AM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Default Re: Need a accelerator cable bracket for a holley and overdrive (Nomad78SA)

I just did mine a month ago, big improvement.

http://www.c3sharktank.com/tech2/cab...e-bracket.html
Old 07-05-2003, 09:04 AM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Default Re: Need a accelerator cable bracket for a holley and overdrive (C3 Shark Tank)

Where did you get your bracket and do you think a drop base air cleaner will clear it?
Neil
Old 07-05-2003, 09:20 AM
dman535
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Need a accelerator cable bracket for a holley and overdrive (Nomad78SA)

I used a factory holley bracekt for their projection system and modified it to fit my demon. I would just go back to a stock gm throttle cable.

Old 07-05-2003, 09:58 AM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

I bought everything through the local hotrod shop but you can get all of it at Summit/JEG's too. Cable and bracket were about $40 each. Not sure about the drop base, I know there are different drop sizes but someone here mentioned that the L-88 air cleaner assy will not work with the CSI bracket....when I get to that stage I'll try to mod the drop base so I don't have to give up the bracket.

I used to have a similar one dman has in his picture but the damn thing wouldn't stay lined up for me and I couldn't get full throttle either, that's not to say it doesn't work for others but mine just wasn't right. I tried a couple other brackets too, none would stay in place firmly so I said the hell with it and bought the CSI. You could also try the LOKAR bracket that goes with the cable if all else fails, it's a nice looking piece and about $20.
Old 07-05-2003, 10:04 AM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Nomad, I have a spare bracket if your interested, I think I paid $20 for it so for $20+ UPS or US mail it`s yours. redvetracr@msn.com

PS: same bracket as on my racer with a "Holley"
Old 07-05-2003, 08:49 PM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Default Re: Need a accelerator cable bracket for a holley and overdrive (redvetracr)

Thanks redvetracr,
I have sent you a e-mail and I will take it
Neil in Tenn
Old 07-05-2003, 11:40 PM
Schmucker
Melting Slicks

I think Lokar sells the brackets that hook up all of your stuff. Check their catalog.

Get notified of new replies

To Need a accelerator cable bracket for a holley and overdrive

Quick Reply: Need a accelerator cable bracket for a holley and overdrive