C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Events - Winter Jam: West Coast style - Las Vegas ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 02:37 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Events - Winter Jam: West Coast style - Las Vegas ?

I understand that this is the C3 section, but I found out most people in here don't venture out to other forums such as Off Topic or the regional sections.
So, I am posting this here as well.

I am putting the feelers out to see who all would be interested in a Cruise In / Winter Jam for the west coast crowd. This would most likely be for January 2005. I don't think I could pull it off for 1/2004, and the end of 2004 is taken up by SEMA, COMDEX and other shows plus the holidays.
What I am looking at, and this is VERY sketchy and still way up in the air, is a 3-4 day event in Las Vegas.

I am looking for people to cruise in 1 day, and have a big dinner / get together the first night.
Second day would be autocross racing / drag racing. I wanted to do 1 day of each but I don't think we can afford the track time. Las Vegas Motor Speedway is my first thoughts on a place to host this. I have not thought of a hotel or 2 yet, but some do come to mind (Hard Rock ??)
3rd day would be a combo cruise / car show.

I have never been to the cruise in, or to the winter jam in Fl. to see how things are run. I got picked as AZ events person and everyone I talked to bitches that Cruise In is too far and they don't have the time to go out there.
So, I will be looking for help (Vegas resident would be good) to get the ball rolling.

First step is to see how many people would be interested. We would be talking about a registration fee, and then fees for auto-crossing and drag racing as well.

So, who all is interested ?

Please respond to http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=597321

and someone TTT this every once in a while.

Old 07-04-2003, 02:42 PM
battsup
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Events - Winter Jam: West Coast style - Las Vegas ? (BSeery)

How about seatle?or better yet come visit canada, lower dollar,lots of sun, not too hot, beer that doesnt taste like water and all the rioting you want.
Old 07-04-2003, 03:07 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ

Default Re: Events - Winter Jam: West Coast style - Las Vegas ? (battsup)

At that time of year it will be too cold / wet.
Canada is out, just dealing with the border is enough pain in the azz.

And I have to go with the population. Seattle will draw people from Seattle, BC and Portland - that's about it. People from Idaho, and areas like Montana are few and far between and usually have their cars stored for the winter and won't drive through the snow to get there.

Las Vegas will draw Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix/Tucson, Salt Lake City, Albuquerque, San Francisco and maybe some people from Texas. That is a population count of about 10 million (easily) where as up north all the states combined couldn't break 2 million.

Maybe you could plan a summer event in the northwest.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:52 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ

TTT
Old 07-07-2003, 04:51 PM
Corz
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

TTT for ya Bryan :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Events - Winter Jam: West Coast style - Las Vegas ?

Quick Reply: Events - Winter Jam: West Coast style - Las Vegas ?