C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging Simon Alexander and Dalannex Re: Best $1,000 Suspension package

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 06:37 PM
sharker
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging Simon Alexander and Dalannex Re: Best $1,000 Suspension package

Hey guys,
I was researching on the MAD vette $1K suspension package for the C3 and found this only relevant archived thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zero...874567#4874567

Did you guys ever get a chance to put the package on the vette?
How hard was the labor? What are the results?
Anyone else with recommendation ? Thanks.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:59 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Paging Simon Alexander and Dalannex Re: Best $1,000 Suspension package (sharker)

HI!!!! :seeya I'm back from the 4th festivities. I did get the kit installed. If you have the VBP catalog, when I added the smart struts to the kit what I ended up with is the "Advanced Street and Autocross" kit. I really like it. Installation is pretty straight forward. The parts are all of a high quality, and fit perfectly. I did not have a rear sway bar before, so finding the holes in the frame took a little searching, but once I cleaned them up with a tap the brackets fit right in. I did have one trailing arm that was bent when I bought the car, that I replaced with a new one. The new trailing arm didn't have holes for the sway bar mounting bracket, so I had to drill that. And, getting the front springs in the right spot in their pocket and getting them to stay there while I jacked up the a-frame was a little tricky. They kind of wanted to pop out of the pocket on the top. Not a problem, just something to watch because unless you get under there and look real careful you would have trouble spotting that they aren't in right. It's plenty doable for the home mechanic. The results are great. The car rides nice now. Bumps and cracks in the road don't jar my teeth anymore. I know they are there, but the ride is smoother, handling is great. The car corners like it's glued to the road. I say all in all it's a mod worth going for.

-Justin
Old 07-05-2003, 02:22 PM
sharker
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Paging Simon Alexander and Dalannex Re: Best $1,000 Suspension package (Dalannex)

Cool, I thought this thread got lost in the shuffle. You did it in your garage without a lift? I went to the Vette Brakes Products site but could not find the Advanced Street and Autocross Package. I'll probably find it the the mail catalog though. Thanks for replying, I'll probably bug you later by email :cheers:
Old 07-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Paging Simon Alexander and Dalannex Re: Best $1,000 Suspension package (sharker)

Yep. No lift, in my garage. Just your standard jack stands and jacks. And this thread was almost lost in the shuffle. I went back a few pages to get caught up and saw it there. :cool:

-Justin :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Paging Simon Alexander and Dalannex Re: Best $1,000 Suspension package

Quick Reply: Paging Simon Alexander and Dalannex Re: Best $1,000 Suspension package