C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to fit 1,000 passengers into a 2 seater....

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 03:21 PM
pingdashf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to fit 1,000 passengers into a 2 seater....

Its a nice day so I took the tops off and the cover off and took the vette for a spin. Its been raining here for so long and I've been so busy this is only the second or third time i've gotten to take her out this season. About halfway down the block, I feel something crawling on my leg. No big deal, just an ant. I swipe him off and keep on going. A few more minutes and another ant, then another. So now I'm like, wtf? So I stop and decide to check out my floorboard.

All up and down drivers side door jam, in the speakers, under the seat, and in the floorboard is covered with ants. Looks like they are running eggs from my battery compartment to my front speakers!

I normally like ants. They do their part to clean up, but in my vette? NO! WAY Anyone got any suggestions for terminating the little bastards?

Old 06-30-2003, 03:33 PM
BB68Vett
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: How to fit 1,000 passengers into a 2 seater.... (pingdashf)

Spray the car with ant killer and then put a few strategically placed ant traps in the passenger compartment. Also, if there is any food in the car, remove it.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:37 PM
Glutamine83
Racer

Default Re: How to fit 1,000 passengers into a 2 seater.... (BB68Vett)

the 2 unwrapped whoppers with extra cheese under the seat should be chucked in the garbage

but that's just my opinion
Old 06-30-2003, 03:39 PM
77Dream
Drifting

Buy a can of Raid ant killer and a nice Zippo lighter (with corvette logo). Hold lighter 6 inches in front of can of Raid. Aim can and lighter towards ants. Light the ligher. Spray Raid in short 3 second bursts. Sit back and enjoy watching them run around on fire.

:cheers: :reddevil

*NOTICE*
I am not responsible for any damages caused by the above procedure. Nor am I responsible for your children using the above method for burning down your house. ;)

[Modified by 77Dream, 12:40 PM 6/30/2003]
Old 06-30-2003, 03:47 PM
Robert8096
Instructor

Default Re: How to fit 1,000 passengers into a 2 seater.... (Glutamine83)

If you have a garage or a enclosed space put the car in there, leave the windows down and set off one of those DCON(sp?) bug bombs. Also get rid of those 2 unwrapped whoppers and don't forget all the rouge french fries.

:yesnod:
Old 06-30-2003, 05:22 PM
pingdashf
Racer

Default Re: How to fit 1,000 passengers into a 2 seater.... (Robert8096)

Thats the thing that bugs the hell outta me. I've never eaten in the car, nor has anyone eaten while in the car with me. I wonder if they were just escaping from all the rain we've had out here. They may have just been running to a (sort-of) dry place. I got some of this "all natural" ant killer that can be used in kitchen environments. And then I got some ant nuke looking chemicals to spray around the driveyway area. I'll keep y'all posted.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:11 PM
Wrencher
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep, climb right up the tires! Careful with the bug bombs that you set off to do the whole room. Some of them will attack soft plastics other materials in your garage!

Hans
Old 07-01-2003, 01:35 PM
pingdashf
Racer

Default Re: How to fit 1,000 passengers into a 2 seater.... (Wrencher)

Yeah, but there are some holes somewhere that need to be filled. I have a Dodge Durango beater in the driveway right behind the vette, and I leave my McD's wrappers on the floor for months and have never had a bug issue in there. Time to do some ductapeing.
Old 07-01-2003, 01:54 PM
Robert N
Melting Slicks

Yeah, but there are some holes somewhere that need to be filled. I have a Dodge Durango beater in the driveway right behind the vette, and I leave my McD's wrappers on the floor for months and have never had a bug issue in there. Time to do some ductapeing.
That's cause the ants have class. Won't go near a Dodge.

Being so close to the Mexican border, I immediately thought this was a post about some van stopped on an Interstate Highway with 1000 illegal immigrants in a Volkswagon. I gotta get out more. :D
Old 07-02-2003, 12:53 PM
pingdashf
Racer

Quick Update: I sprayed them with this stuff from Walmart. It was called "Home Defense" or something, made from pure orange peel stuff. Man it smells like oranges in my car now. No ants to be seen, and no damage to the leather or carpet.

Old 07-07-2003, 05:07 PM
bloodvette80
Pro

Hey! your not supposed to drink it!
Old 07-07-2003, 05:13 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: How to fit 1,000 passengers into a 2 seater.... (Robert N)

Being so close to the Mexican border, I immediately thought this was a post about some van stopped on an Interstate Highway with 1000 illegal immigrants in a Volkswagon. I gotta get out more. :D
That's what I thought of as well.

Try some ant bait/killer. We have fire ants here -- nasty azzes. Only way I can kill them is to wipe out the enitre mound. They take the nice tasty treat to their queen and POW she's dead and they follow shortly.

Get notified of new replies

To How to fit 1,000 passengers into a 2 seater....

Quick Reply: How to fit 1,000 passengers into a 2 seater....