C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build your own adjustable Low Fuel Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 03:32 PM
Dale79
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build your own adjustable Low Fuel Light

I made my own adjustable Low Fuel Light circuit. It is completely independent and dose not affect or alter anything. You simply attach one wire to the sender and then install the light in the original opening. The light utilizes a Corvette Central light socket that simply installs just like the other lights. It is a perfect add on or a replacement for an existing circuit. I set it up to be adjustable from app. 1/3 tank. It comes on slowly just like the original. All parts except two are available at radioshack. I have the schematic with a detail page and a parts list with prices as well as pics of it. Total cost for all parts is ~$20.00 add $6.00 or so for shipping from Digikey. I geared the circuit towards someone who never did any kind of electronic project. It is very simple. I do not have web hosting and a picture is worth a thousand words. So if anyone is interested, let me know and I could E-mail the pics and if someone wanted to they could post them. Ps: The circuit is my design and may be used for personal use but not commercial app. Thanks Dale :cheers:
Old 03-28-2003, 04:13 PM
PyjamaSam
Pro

Location: At the end of 2 big long black marks on #2 Sideroad and Walkers Line.
Default Re: Build your own adjustable Low Fuel Light (Dale79)

Just send the photos my way. I can host them for you.

I am also interested in building one of these. It sounds quite cool.

chris.
Old 03-28-2003, 04:17 PM
terryrudy
Drifting

Default Re: Build your own adjustable Low Fuel Light (PyjamaSam)

and let me know when you have the site setup so I can point a link from corvettefaq.com :)
thanks
-terry

Get notified of new replies

To Build your own adjustable Low Fuel Light

Quick Reply: Build your own adjustable Low Fuel Light