C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock vs Professional Products

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 03:05 PM
SharkintheWoods
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Edelbrock vs Professional Products

I was in the market for a RPM air gap manifold from Edelbrock and had read somewhere that Proffesional Products produced one called the cross wind that was identical to the RPM air gap. True of False?? The price differential sure makes the crosswind attractive if it is true.
:cool:
Old 03-26-2003, 06:49 PM
427Hotrod
Race Director

Received 1,877 Likes on 915 Posts
2020 C2 of the Year - Modified Winner
2020 Corvette of the Year (performance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Default Re: Edelbrock vs Professional Products (SharkintheWoods)

Yes they do make a pretty nice looking copy of just about everything Edelbrock makes. They add a couple of things to stay off copyright infringement, but it's copied so closely to be almost ridiculous.

I've looked at them pretty closely. The only real issue I have with them is more of an ethical one. Edelbrock does all the R&D, and then they cast some up in China and sell them here. They are the company that Edelbrock refers to in their ads. I have no problem with foreign parts overall, but I sure feel better if it is truly a part designed and maufactured by them, not just out and out stolen!

Just my opinion. It will probably run fine...in fact I'd love to see a magazine do some back to back dyno testing. But I don't think any of it will be on my car.

JIM

Quick Reply: Edelbrock vs Professional Products