C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hazard Switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 02:55 PM
74BBcherryred
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hazard Switch

My hazard **** is missing from the side of the steering column ,when i look into the hole i don't see anything also if i put a screw driver into the hole i don't seem to hit anything.I think this car has been broken into a few times in the last 28 years and possibly this was left out and not repaired during previous repairs. There was a topic posted earlier about the key buzzer going off when the door was opened and no key was in the ignition , i have the same problem i would like to know what the fix is . Dave :auto:
Old 03-26-2003, 05:14 PM
tshort
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran

Default Re: Hazard Switch (74BBcherryred)

I also wonder how the hazard button works. Mine has a stud sticking out but pushing in or pulling out doesn't seem to do anything. And the fuse is good too. :confused:
Old 03-27-2003, 12:21 AM
Jim Shea
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Default Re: Hazard Switch (tshort)

Inside the 1969 through 1976 T&T steering column there is a long thin stamping that hooks into the underside of the turn signal switch. The stamping extends down and sits in a pocket inside the column housing. The stamping has a tapped hole that sits right behind the hazard **** hole in the column housing. If you go to http://www.corvettefaq.com and look under Steering. There is a Tilt & Telescoping column 69-82 Blowup Pic. If you look at the picture, the stamping is #11 in the blowup.

If Bubba has been rummaging around inside your steering column, there is a good chance that he forgot to reinstall the stamping.

You might try http://www.columnsgalore.com as a possible source for the part.

[Modified by Jim Shea, 12:24 AM 3/27/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Hazard Switch

Quick Reply: Hazard Switch