C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are the benefits and differences in value of BB & SB in vette?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 12:24 PM
Cor6996vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are the benefits and differences in value of BB & SB in vettes beside?

If someboby take a 69 SB car and replaced the console with the # 427, 435, big U joint cap, 7 pieces springs, rear sway bar i mean all the things that BB had and put in 427 BB not matching number and says it 's a L71 car. I know the vin # does not tell the engine code untill 71 so that mean they are the same value "NNM car" since you can't tell if it 's a real BB or not. My quetion is for a non matching number car if you upgrade the SB to have a BB car suspension are they different in value? Thank you very much for your future responces. ( OH, I looked at this car under the rear wheel well some one wrote L 71, Is it from GM factory? or some one) :smash:

[Modified by myisa69, 9:44 AM 3/26/2003]
Old 03-26-2003, 01:57 PM
Cor6996vette
Racer

Default Re: What are the benefits and differences in value of BB & SB in vettes beside? (myisa69)

I need to decide today to buy this car and need your opinion. Thank you very much. :smash:
Old 03-26-2003, 04:37 PM
Cor6996vette
Racer

Default Re: What are the benefits and differences in value of BB & SB in vettes beside? (myisa69)

Hi anybody? :smash:
Old 03-26-2003, 04:47 PM
mvftw
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Since it's Not a NOM car anyway...If it's done RIGHT, that's a Great car! Are you asking a NOM SB ver. a NNM BB or both are NNM. If both are NNM, then the BB is worth more, I think...

[Modified by mvftw, 4:48 PM 3/26/2003]
Old 03-26-2003, 04:51 PM
trw
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think that by the time you do all the changes including the engine, you have spent at least the increased value in the car.

BUT, the driving fun would be worth it. :D

Terry
Old 03-26-2003, 05:03 PM
Cor6996vette
Racer

Default Re: What are the benefits and differences in value of BB & SB in vettes beside? (trw)

I am sorry , maybe my english really confused you guy. Let me start again.
Is there a way that you can tell if it 's really a BB car beside the console #, springs ,U joint, hood and the NOM engine because you can do all that for a SB.
Old 03-26-2003, 05:21 PM
Flareside
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It all depends on which BB or SB we're talking about. Different BB 69s came with different tach redlines, different fuel lines, different radiators, different rear end housing codes, etc.

In my opinion, a NOM (not original motor) big block car will always be worth a thousand or two more than a NOM small block car (both motors of equal quality), mainly because 9 out of 10 Vettes on the road are small blocks.

Need more info. about the car to be more specific.

[Modified by Flareside, 5:21 PM 3/26/2003]
Old 03-26-2003, 05:44 PM
Cor6996vette
Racer

Default Re: What are the benefits and differences in value of BB & SB in vettes beside? (Flareside)

I am looking at a 69 car with BB NOM the onwer said it's a L71 car , since the engine is NOM does it matter ? if it 's a L36, L68 or L71 they all will be the same value as NOM BB car right ?
Old 03-27-2003, 08:08 AM
flynhi
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It seems to me that if all other components (the ones you listed plus the ones Flareside listed) are original or numbers matching and the engine is NOM, there is more value than otherwise since it would be possible to find and install a numbers matching motor. However, my guess is that a buyer who would wnat to go thru the brain damage to do this will be hard to find.
It seems that there is a premium in the marketplace for chrome bumper C3 verts with BB with Air. Numbers matching are always priced higher to a smaller audience.
If you like it to drive and it passes other sensible inspections (eg frame rust), buy it - IMHO these cars are for fun, not investment......

Get notified of new replies

To What are the benefits and differences in value of BB & SB in vette?

Quick Reply: What are the benefits and differences in value of BB & SB in vette?