C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dogs and Vettes (C3's)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 11:55 PM
joeveto
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Default Dogs and Vettes (C3's)

I know dogs love trucks, that guy from Nissan told me so.

My dog also loves the Vette, but for one thing: space. The passenger seat is just too small for him to get comfortable, and he can't drive :lol: .

So I'm thinking of placing a box or something on the floor to make it even with the passenger seat. That way, he can stretch out a bit.

Has anyone else dealt with this? What did you do? He's a black lab, and he loves sticking his head out the window and the t-tops. If my wife bails on the cruise-in, he's coming instead.

We'll drink beer and cruise chicks or something.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the suggestions.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:56 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Dogs and Vettes (joeveto)

Couldn't you just lay the seat forward, and then give him a comfy blanket to hang on to.

And be sure to leave the window down so he can keep his tongue dry. :lol:
Old 03-25-2003, 01:15 AM
Armstrong
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you decide that he's going just take the seat out. That way he has all the room he needs.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:24 AM
joeveto
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Maybe I should have kept my luggage rack. Then I could have just strapped him on the back. :lol:
Old 03-25-2003, 01:30 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '09

Maybe I should have kept my luggage rack. Then I could have just strapped him on the back. :lol:

Then you could at least roll your windows up when it rains.....
Old 03-25-2003, 05:29 AM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

That's a hoot! :lol: My dogs (both Labs) have never even been in the vette, I'm too afraid they'd rip the seats or something! :eek:
Old 03-25-2003, 06:24 AM
Love My 72 and 77
Drifting

You know what I LOVE my Corvettes and my Jaguar --forgive me but I love my dogs more I have two Corgis and a Schnauzer I put the power seat all the way up so my Schnauzer can look out the windows. I have three funny stories. One time I left my Schnauzer in my Dodge 4X4 in my buddies tow yard with his HUGE Rottweilers and when I got back my doors looked like the Rottweiler tried to dig through the doors ok not so funny!!!! ok ok Just today I was at the ball field with the 3dogs and the Schnauzer went after a ball and ill tell you what I have no idea why but the Corgi went 100MPH right in to the Schnauzzer it was a big thud and the Schnauzer actually did flips and they both came up with a funny look on their face. I'm talking full on T-BONE full speed! ok the last and kinda funny stiory I was sitting in an intersection with the Schnauzer and ther is a rottweiler ina chevy truck a car ahead of us in the right lane so i said the two words he loves "SEE THAT" and my Schnauzer went crazy. the funny thig was the Rottweiler jumping and barking every time the Rotti barked the truck bounced -- My buddy and i were laughing our butts off.. Oh yeah This is a Corvette forum !!!! :banghead:
Old 03-25-2003, 06:36 AM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

i dont allow dogs within 25 feet of my vette...just my opinion... :D
Old 03-25-2003, 06:45 AM
Love My 72 and 77
Drifting

Default Re: Dogs and Vettes (SIGNGUY)

What do you do at 24 feet? Do we have to call agent Sindano from the Animal Planet? :leaving:
Old 03-25-2003, 06:49 AM
Love My 72 and 77
Drifting

Another funny story! as im sitting her RIGHT NOW I hear a commotion in the living room I go out there and see our Corgi puppy about 6 inches tall walking around on the coffee table. I have no idea how she got there you all know how tall a coffee table is and well its taller than her by far (ook so i thought it was funny) Guess you had to see it byebye
Old 03-25-2003, 09:06 AM
SEE3ER
Le Mans Master

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21

Check out my home pages (in my sig.), you'll see my co-pilot who goes to every cruise when Mama says no! He does struggle a bit to sit in that seat, but the real problem is he tries to grab my arm every time I shift! :crazy: I firmly beleive they (Black Labs)are just happy to go! :cheers:
Old 03-25-2003, 09:12 AM
Captain_Kaboom
Racer

We used to take my Jack Russell to garage sales, till one day he got so upset having to sit in the car he tried to climb out after us. Problem is, he tried to go out the little driver side "triangle" window my Ford Bronco. Didn't quite make it- in fact, he got STUCK halfway thru, with his front paws on the outside of the car, torso stuck in the window, and rear and legs still in the car.

I had to go and OPEN the car door with him hangin in the middle of it. It was absoulutely hysterical, and the dog looked so embarrased...

Old 03-25-2003, 09:13 AM
SharkintheWoods
Racer

I was moving so I gave my Rottie to my mom. We did an 8 hour hike across Texas together with the lids off. Not sure who was more worn out after the experience. :banghead:
Old 03-25-2003, 11:30 AM
JJ Deuce
Race Director

Default Re: Dogs and Vettes (SharkintheWoods)

I love my dogs too (black labs). I've only taken one of them for a ride one time. She's a big lab, and between her falling down everytime I gave it gas, or trying to stand on my lap and look out my window (like I need another blind spot), i decided not to take them anymore. Of course, I did get new harnesses the other day that have a loop of seat belt material on the back to buckle the dog in. It works great in the other cars, so maybe the perros can ride again.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:07 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't have a problem. My little yorkie can sit on the passengers seat, my lap, my wifes lap, on the center console or crawl in the back and lay down or even run circles.
Get a smaller dog. :) :) :)
Just kidding about the smaller dog.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:09 PM
bamavettes
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Dogs and Vettes (SIGNGUY)

There hasn't been a Corvette made that was to good for Mookie to ride in. He turns fifteen next month, and I would give both of my Corvettes away free if it could give him another three years to live.

He thinks he holds the Dogs world record for riding in the most Corvettes. At present he has riden in 31 different Corvettes.

Old 03-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Scott78
Drifting

Default Re: Dogs and Vettes (norvalwilhelm)

My yellow lab, Max only has ridden in the vette once. My daily driver was down and Max had a vet appointment. Max is a BIG lab and the only way he fit in the vette is with the tops off or the seat out. So we made the trip to the vet with the tops off and him resting his chin on the top windshield frame with his ears flapping in the breeze. The looks we got :lol: .
The downside was the slobber lines ran all the way to the rear bumper and it took a roll of masking tape to remove all the Max hair(lab hair is oily and resists the best vacuum). I'd still love to take him on some of my summer drives but he just does not fit, and he has this serious drool problem :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To Dogs and Vettes (C3's)

Old 03-25-2003, 05:27 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Dogs and Vettes (Scott78)

No way my rottie gets to ride in the vette (not that there's much to ride in at the moment) He'll wreck the entire interior and there's just no room.

Old 03-25-2003, 07:32 PM
Drew M
Team Owner

Default Re: Dogs and Vettes (Twin_Turbo)

This has nothing to do w/ my dog in the car, but the way he learned to give me a high five was the day the yankees won the pennant in '98. We were both watching the game (yes, he actually does at least look at the tv) and when it was all over, we were jumping around, and all i did was say 'high five!' and he gave me one. Kinda interesting. Kinda not.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:54 PM
Armstrong
Burning Brakes

I'd have to ride em all cause they'r all so jealous of each other.

[Modified by Armstrong, 7:55 PM 3/25/2003]

Quick Reply: Dogs and Vettes (C3's)