C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use a display board at shows?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 07:45 PM
lvrpool32
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Anyone use a display board at shows?

Hi,
anyone using a display board at shows (thats what I think they are called, the board sometimes found at the fron of a vehicle giving specs and stuff)
Just looking for some ideas, I want to do a simple one....I asked at Kinko's and the can make and mount one (2'x3') for about $55.
I have the basic idea of the text i want to use...but not for layout...font...graphics...so any ideas...suggestions.....I'm not very artistic....so any assistance would be great.

cheers
Nick
Old 03-24-2003, 08:42 PM
gq82
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: Anyone use a display board at shows? (lvrpool32)

I had one made up for my 82 CE and I used these folks. They're at all the big show and they do a great job. The cheapest board is $109 though but they do a real professional job. This is their web site http://www.showboards.com

Old 03-24-2003, 08:45 PM
wayne_69_427
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought about using one a couple of times, then I think its just another thing to drag around when you have limited space. :flag
Old 03-24-2003, 09:32 PM
no_radio
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone use a display board at shows? (wayne_69_427)

I bought a foam poster board at a hobby shop, and a few stick on letter sets of different sizes(2" title, 1" secondary, 3/4" tertiary). Cost about $10 I think. Stuck the letters on, trying to make it look nice (grey board, black letters for my silver car with black interior). Then stuck a spare '74 Corvette nose emblem and spare "Stingray" emblem on either side. Sits on a $10 folding easel.
The whole thing fits behind the seats, and in the three shows I've used it I've gotten best in class at each.
Jeff
Old 03-24-2003, 10:11 PM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I currently use a home-made one. Within a nice poster frame (~$15), I neatly arranged several old Corvette magazine articles covering LT-1's. An artist's easal (~$10) is used to stand it upright in front of the car. My most recent addition is a 1:25 scale plastic model painted to match the car (turned out nice, will try to post pics soon).
Old 03-25-2003, 10:19 AM
vettfixr
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I've been using one for quite a while. I used Print Artist to put it together but you can also use any software that allows you to print poster size. I included pictures of the body being worked, the engine, etc. along with the specs for the car. The software prints it out on about 9 pages and then you piece it together on a poster board and frame. This allows me to change the specs as I make mods. If you print it using the high quality settings you will get photo perfect pictures. I attach the posterboard to a tripod easel which folds flat against the board and slip it in the back of the vette.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone use a display board at shows?

Quick Reply: Anyone use a display board at shows?