C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How about some pictures of your air compressor set up ;;;;;;;

Old 03-24-2003, 06:54 PM
White 68
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default How about some pictures of your air compressor set up ;;;;;;;

I,d like to set up a huskey 7hp 60 gallon air compressor vertical in my 3 car garage ....I,d like to see some of your set ups ...how is pipe run , size , hose filters, etc ...Anything you can help me with ...Plan on painting and running air tools maybe small sand blasting ....First project is painting my own car I,m in the process of strippind paint now......Thanks
Old 03-24-2003, 09:09 PM
VetteNut72
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How about some pictures of your air compressor set up ;;;;;;; (White 68)

I bought this unit several years ago from Harbor Freight. The 220 was easy as the breaker panel is right on the other side of the wall. I mounted a box and ran metal conduit to the compressor. The filter is also from H.F. I installed concrete anchors and used 1/4 of an old mouse pad under each leg to help isolate the compressor from the garage floor.

[Modified by VetteNut72, 7:10 PM 3/24/2003]
Old 03-24-2003, 09:19 PM
stpman
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: How about some pictures of your air compressor set up ;;;;;;; (VetteNut72)

you want to check out the Sharpe web site, they have layouts for compressors. the filter should be mounted far enought from the tank for the air to cool and the moisture to condense. they recomend running the pipe up to the ceiling and along the ceiling before dropping down to the filter setup.

Steve :steering:
Old 03-25-2003, 12:34 AM
VetteNut72
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How about some pictures of your air compressor set up ;;;;;;; (stpman)

Steve,

Moisture? Condensation? What are those? :confused: :lol:
Good point though for all out there that don't live in an oven. :thumbs:

Craig

Get notified of new replies

To How about some pictures of your air compressor set up ;;;;;;;

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How about some pictures of your air compressor set up ;;;;;;;