C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring fun...

Old 03-24-2003, 02:00 AM
70shark
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring fun...

Well, well, well. Lemme see what wiring problem I'm having now... I already posted about the power windows going out, a problem that still isn't resolved. Got the radio working again ( blown fuse ), but now the courtesy lights have gone haywire. Even driving the car, with the doors securely shut, they'll come off and on at will. Has anyone ever had this problem before? I temporarily fixed it, by pulling the fuse outta the box. ( It was a 30 amp, not a 15, by the way )

If anyone knows about wiring harnesses available from Painless wiring for a good price, I'd like to hear about it. I'm willing to go through all the trouble of taking the seats, trim, carpet, etc... out to get rid of these wiring gremlins.

If the previous owner hadn't Bubba'd it in the first place...

*curses previous owner, walks off ranting*
Old 03-24-2003, 02:31 AM
Sting Raycin
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wiring fun... (70shark)

Sounds like a bad door switch. I had a truck that did that one time. That's what I would check first anyway. You will have to get a new switch even if you go with the painless harness.(hmm ....unless they come with them thesedays...dunno)
Jason

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiring fun...