C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 10:45 PM
devalis
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Help

New to the forum. She is my new baby and I'm having just a few little problems, the most important of which is a piece that fell out of my passenger side door when i opened it last week. A metal rod, both the width of a coat hanger fell out, looked like it had been snapped. I found out that it served as the connection from the inner passenger door handle to the door latch. I ordered a new inner door handle in hopes that it would come with the rod and it didn't. Could anyone tell me where to get a rod (Did not see it in midamerica), Provide a part number, or is willing to sell me one? Thanks a Ton!
Old 03-22-2003, 10:51 PM
VolVette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Door Help (devalis)

Welcome! Let your first response be from a guy who lives less than 5 miles from you in Yorktown.

The easiest way to get the rod is from Dick Barren at Virginia Vettes in Williamsburg. (Tell him Stephen Stewart, the guy who visited him on Saturday sent you.) Dick has an ENORMOUS inventory of parts and has been helpful in my restoration. Give him a call at 565-1972. I can't remember his hours on Sunday but he's very good at working with me to get parts.

Nice to meet ya. Did you go to the Hooters trip to waterside this weekend? That looks like the walkway over Waterside Dr. in your signature.

:cheers: Stephen

PS - Where did you get your 80?

[Modified by VolVette, 10:55 PM 3/22/2003]
Old 03-22-2003, 11:22 PM
devalis
Intermediate

Stephen,
That picture is infact from waterside Tony took it with both hands, while driving : ). I actually got her off of ebay, from new york. I got ripped a little, but compared to some others i've seen it seems I came out with a pretty good deal. Thanks alot for the info on the store. I'll contact him. Are you a fellow beachcomber?
Old 03-23-2003, 07:18 PM
VolVette
Melting Slicks

Stephen,
That picture is infact from waterside Tony took it with both hands, while driving : ). I actually got her off of ebay, from new york. I got ripped a little, but compared to some others i've seen it seems I came out with a pretty good deal. Thanks alot for the info on the store. I'll contact him. Are you a fellow beachcomber?
Tony's a good guy. I met him about a year ago on a cruise with some of the fellows. Looks like you have a nice new, toy and you'll find out in the next year or so whether you really paid too much or not. In either case, it looks great. I am not a member of Beachcomber because I just moved back here after graduating from VT and have not had the time to get involved yet. I have spent the last 6 months on my paint job but when I finish I'll definitely be seeing more of the local fellow Vetters.

Cheers,

Stephen

Get notified of new replies

To Door Help

Quick Reply: Door Help