C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(OT) START UP THE DRAFT???!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 01:42 AM
daves80
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default (OT) START UP THE DRAFT???!!!

I HEARD THAT THE HON. SENATOR HOLLINGS WANTS TO START DRAFTING KIDS AGAIN - WTFO -we can only hope that those who would disagree with the war would know that brave soldiers have died and are now dying for the right for ourselves and others around the world to publicly disagree with their leaders, to reject their policies by ballot, and to run (and then be pardoned) if their conviction overcomes their sense of duty - on the other side of the coin here's a quote - Jan. 14, 1814, BY DANIEL WEBSTER, U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES: "Where is it written in the Constitution, in what article or section is it contained, that you may take children from their parents and parents from their children, and compel them to fight the battle of any war in which the folly and wickedness of the government may engage itself? "Under what concealment has this power lain hidden, which now for the first time comes forth, with a tremendous and baleful aspect, to trample down and destroy the dearest right of personal liberty? Who will show me any
Constitutional injunction which makes it the duty of the American people to surrender everything valuable in life, and even life itself, whenever the purposes of an ambitious and mischievous government may require it? ... "A free government with an uncontrolled power of military conscription is the most ridiculous and abominable contradiction and nonsense that ever entered into the head of men." -- if you cant get enough people willing to fight a war that they believe in then HELLO - fight for freedom, pray for peace, run for your life - thank you veterans - sorry guys i had to rant a bit - hope it doesnt hurt my rating - dave

Old 03-21-2003, 02:39 AM
WashingtonRacer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: (OT) START UP THE DRAFT???!!! (daves80)

Hey fellow washingtonian, This is one war I would not want to partisipate in. I believe that is true freedom were given to each person, that should include the choice and right to support or decline a war. After all this country is supposed to be run by us, If no one wants to fight wouldn't that be a clear saying that they do not support the idea? I am/was in total support of fighting those who caused such terror on us on sept 11th. Now for some reason or another that has shifted to Iraq. I know I know they say that he supports terrorism. But thats comming from the same people who stated in Thurday morning's address that they are not intending to put harm on Sadam, yet fired 2 scud's directly at him the evening before. "this was even questioned right after it being said, and their response again was even more contradicting". I thought the original reason was to MAKE HIM DISARM. Now that went to MAKE HIM LEAVE, I don't agree with making him leave, I do agree with making him Disarm. People want to agrue that he is a crazy nut case, he gased his own people. Which is bad, however those people were revolting against him at that time, What did we do during the civil war? Oh we slaughered our own people cause they had a difference of opnion.

In the end I guess you cannot support our troops and protest the war, But I feel exactly that way. I wish the best for our troops, However I wish they could be used to eduicate the people of Iraq to revolt, and then support that if and when Sadam takes action against them. We are going to have to go to that point sooner or later anyways.

Sorry I just have not had a chance to whine today.

Quick Reply: (OT) START UP THE DRAFT???!!!