C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone try installing a compent set in the rear instead of 6x9s??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 09:21 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Default Anyone try installing a component set in the rear instead of 6x9s??

I am just wondering. I plan on installing an Alpine mp3/cd player in my car soon, and am considering adding speakers to the rear. I saw alot of people have put in 6x9s, but I am thinking a nice component set would be good. I have been looking at some Alpine type R 6 3/4 speakers.

[Modified by Sigforty, 8:22 PM 3/19/2003]
Old 03-19-2003, 09:34 PM
Ganey
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Anyone try installing a component set in the rear instead of 6x9s?? (Sigforty)

You might want 2 8s or equil.
Prefer components. When there is a stereo in, I run a tweaked home set. One large amp. in the center compartment for the removable rear speakers w/ 2 long throw 4s (equil. to 2 8s) & a dome in each.

It ROCKS !
Rarely use it. The engine makes enough music for me.

:cool:
Old 03-19-2003, 09:39 PM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Anyone try installing a component set in the rear instead of 6x9s?? (Ganey)

you want bass in the back, no component set will do that. 6x9's are what people use when they can't use a sub, since they reproduce some half azzed bass :thumbs:
Old 03-20-2003, 09:24 AM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Default Re: Anyone try installing a component set in the rear instead of 6x9s?? (Metal_Wulf)

I am not that concerned about bass. I just wanted some more speakers sounds that would be better than the 4x6s I have in the dash and in the kick panels. If I want some bass I may put a box in later. I design some pretty good speaker boxes. I designed one this weekend for my brother to go compete in Daytona with. It is a pyramid that holds 6 kicker L7 12's. He finally sealed the box yesterday and told me it was hitting so hard he could no longer sit in the car, and that the box was flexing so much it looked like it would break.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone try installing a compent set in the rear instead of 6x9s??

Quick Reply: Anyone try installing a compent set in the rear instead of 6x9s??