C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with a ZZ4 and Holley 4150 Carb..... need some help tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 02:00 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone with a ZZ4 and Holley 4150 Carb..... need some help tuning

I was just wondering what your jets were in the carb and if its running good, not too lean or too rich. I want to get a baseline to start with as I finally tune my carb properly. I also have the gm hotcam, so if anyone also has that id appreciate knowing your jets as well.
Thanks!
Chris
Old 03-19-2003, 05:06 PM
clem zahrobsky
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Anyone with a ZZ4 and Holley 4150 Carb..... need some help tuning (74VETTE)

what is the "LIST" number on the choke housing? :chevy
Old 03-19-2003, 06:11 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Anyone with a ZZ4 and Holley 4150 Carb..... need some help tuning (clem zahrobsky)

I couldnt tell you!! It was milled off and I received it off of a friends car..
i rebuilt it with new gaskets, metering plates I stole off a new carb, needle/seat, floats, the basics.
I just wanted to tune it very good before I try to tune my nitrous system as well. Want to make sure neither is lean.
I put in new plugs this afternoon and ran it at 3000RPM and then hit it WOT for a second and then let it return to idle. Turned it off, pulled plugs #7 and #4
#4 was just about good being just a little tan and #7 was a little bit darker, but didnt look rich.
This was similiar of the plugs I took out. The plugs in the front of the motor were more towards tan and the back were brown and almost black. I couldnt really judge thos plugs though cause I didnt run the car before I took them out and they were 2 steps colder plugs.
I am pretty sure I have a 62 jet in the front and a 70 in the rear...
any suggestions based on the 2 plugs i pulled after running it?
Thanks
Chris
Old 03-19-2003, 07:46 PM
clem zahrobsky
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Anyone with a ZZ4 and Holley 4150 Carb..... need some help tuning (74VETTE)

to get a plug reading you need to put in new plugs,run it thru the gears,push in the clutch and cut off the ignition at the same time while at max RPM. check the plugs then without restarting the engine. changing metering body from a differnt carb could cause a problem because you are changing the metering of the carb,as the air bleeds and metering body all determine the fuel curve:chevy

[Modified by clem zahrobsky, 7:50 PM 3/19/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone with a ZZ4 and Holley 4150 Carb..... need some help tuning

Quick Reply: Anyone with a ZZ4 and Holley 4150 Carb..... need some help tuning