C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch options

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 08:45 AM
Robd
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch options

I know this topic has been beat to death and I have searched the archives. What I found in the archives was a lot of people asking questions because they were getting ready to buy a clutch.

Vender type stuff changes all the time. I had planned on using the Hays clutch I took off my motor although as I go through restoring everything the old clutch looks rough. So I wont ask the question of what’s best, only what is the best deal and were can you get it. Thanks
Old 03-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Corvettelvr73
Racer

Default Re: Clutch options (Robd)

Centerforce Dual Frtiction... NO DOUBT!!!!! ;)
Old 03-19-2003, 11:16 AM
Robd
Pro

Default Re: Clutch options (Corvettelvr73)

who has the best deals on the centerforce dual friction? Thanks
Old 03-19-2003, 03:38 PM
hudman
Racer

I have a car very similar to yours.

Everyone told me to go with the CF Dual Friction as well. I bought one and it is going in next week with my newly rebuilt motor.

I bought my from Su**it. J*gs has them as well. They are comparably priced, but both were the basically the lowest I could find.

In addition to the clutch and pressure plate, you will need to buy the throw out separately and an adjustable pivot ball. Seems like I paid the following (from memory)

Clutch and PP $265
Throwout $30
Adjust Pivot $15
Old 03-19-2003, 03:42 PM
70PurpleLS7
Burning Brakes

Unless your actually racing the thing or have a high horsepower setup. A CF Dual Friction is total overkill. For a nice setup, that is reasonably priced, and is all new parts, try Borg Warner.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:54 PM
Robd
Pro

Default Re: Clutch options (70PurpleLS7)

I was kind of thinking it was overkill myself. I will probably be putting out about 425hp. I may get on it once in a while. However it will never see the race track.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:31 PM
hudman
Racer

What is wrong with overkill?

I have been told the pedal pressure is excellent, so you are not giving anything up there. While I have not driven a car with a DF, I hear that they are as easy to drive as a stock set up.

When I priced these things, there is not a lot of difference in the price. The DF is a little more expensive, but not much. I will not be racing mine either, but I NEVER want to think about having clutch problems in the future.

You got an awesome car. It does not appear that you have cut corners yet, so why start with the clutch? Go for the best.

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch options

Quick Reply: Clutch options