C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carburetor parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 09:41 PM
RMVette
Race Director

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Default Carburetor parts

Where would I find primary metering rods and jets, float, and power piston springs? The cars has been running rich for a while and after it gets warm outside I'll have a chance to work it to take it back to specs and start from there. Thanks in advance! :cheers:
Old 03-18-2003, 09:42 PM
Stoge
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Carburetor parts (RMVette)

Try Napa auto parts if Auto Zone doesn't have what you are looking for. I know Auto Zone has floats and carb rebuild kits.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:23 AM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Carburetor parts (Simon Alexander)

Edelbrock has a selection as does Carbs unlimited. Do a search for Rochester Quadra-jet and you will get a whole lot of carb shops. Most of them offer parts and pieces.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:48 AM
RMVette
Race Director

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Default Re: Carburetor parts (RMVette)

Thanks for the info! Gotta get back to work .... :seeya
Old 03-19-2003, 12:36 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

If you want the Delco parts it will be a big help if you start with the GM part numbers. Lars lists some of the part #s in his papers somewhere (sorry I cant be more specific but lars has done a lot of work in this area and shared it all with us). Armed with the part #s, you can order the stuff from your local Chevy dealer, or our new supporting vendor GMPartsdirect.com .
Edelbrock also makes these parts and sells them under their own part numbers. Find the part #s on their website. You can get the Edelbrock stuff from all the usual places, ie your local speed shop, summit racing, (probably jegs), etc.

Also note that primary rods for a later model Qjet, I think 1975 or 1977??? :confused: and later are not right for the earlier models, 1968, 69 etc.. MJ

Get notified of new replies

To Carburetor parts

Quick Reply: Carburetor parts