C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know where to get advance limiter bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 09:39 PM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Does anyone know where to get advance limiter bushings?

Still messing with the recurve and have come to the conclusion the best curve would have to limit my mechanical advance to 20 degrees.I have 26 in the distributor if I run the softest springs.The distributor is a stock HEI unit that I just had rebuilt by a local machine shop.When I run 15 initial,the low end responce is crisp,but I'm afraid that with 26 possible from the distributor I'd be over the limit on high rpm runs.The recommended blue/silver combo in the Crane kit gives 21 degrees distributor,but the little voice in my head says it may sneak higher when I hit 6500 rpms,so I'd like to be sure of the limit.
If no bushings are available,does anyone know of a shop that can recurve around South Central Pa?
By the way,the timing tape I used to replace the trashed Proform balancer cover has already fallen off the balancer,so I guess I have to go back to the stock tab,and scribe a 36 degree mark in order to persue this further. :mad
Old 03-18-2003, 09:44 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Does anyone know where to get advance limiter bushings? (The Money Pit)

Lars should know.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:18 PM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Does anyone know where to get advance limiter bushings? (The Money Pit)

,the timing tape I used to replace the trashed Proform balancer cover has already fallen off the balancer,so I guess I have to go back to the stock tab,and scribe a 36 degree mark in order to persue this further.

No question about that. It is a complete waste of time and an exercise in futility to mess with your timing if you dont' know that the mark is right on.

Get notified of new replies

To Does anyone know where to get advance limiter bushings?

Quick Reply: Does anyone know where to get advance limiter bushings?