C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[OT] Fuel efficiency by strapping this device on your fuel line - Is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 06:24 PM
RCB69L36
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [OT] Fuel efficiency by strapping this device on your fuel line - Is it possible?

Anyone heard of this? I'm calling BS, but I could be completely wrong.

http://www.fuelsaverpro.com/default.asp?axel=2805
Old 03-18-2003, 06:30 PM
Robert N
Melting Slicks

Default Re: [OT] Fuel efficiency by strapping this device on your fuel line - Is it possible? (RCB69L36)

I gotta side with the :bs too.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:31 PM
45ACP
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: [OT] Fuel efficiency by strapping this device on your fuel line - Is it possible? (RCB69L36)

. . . but I could be completely wrong."
You are not wrong.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:37 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: [OT] Fuel efficiency by strapping this device on your fuel line - Is it possible? (45ACP)

This indeed is BS. Indeed, fuel consists of several different lengths of hydrocarbon chains but they are all within a certain range since they are seperated after cracking by distilling and the lightest fractions (shortest chains) come out of the top and the heavy tar & oil come out at the bottom. There's no way 2 neodium magnets can break the carbon-carbon bonds in those molecules.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:38 PM
LiveandLetDrive
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

"What is it made from?

It is a MATCHED PAIR of tuned custom sealed Neodymium Super inductors that generate a frequency resonance between its two faces.

What makes the FUEL SAVER unique?

Operates on the principle of RESONANCE, utilizing a double chamber frequency with phased frequency modulation. "

uhhhh...

"When should I check my mileage and when can I expect results?

Make sure you check your mileage before you install the FUEL SAVER. Mileage is the sum of the total miles driven divided by the amount of fuel used. We suggest that you drive 1500 miles of normal driving and then make your before and after comparisons.

Why 1500 miles?

This allows the FUEL SAVER to do it's job of removing the Carbon & Varnish
deposits. Remember it took thousands of miles to build up these deposits in your engine."

hah, more like this allows us to leave the country with your cash before you know what hit you.

"Why aren't the car manufacturers using the FUEL SAVER in their vehicles?

Car manufactures are running tests on the FUEL SAVER, but since they are in the business of selling cars, they really focus more on design and safety features, rather then improving fuel mileage "

Because fuel mileage doesn't sell cars....??

I'll have to get this when I'm loading up on magnetic bracelets to live forever and saranwrapping my house closed these next few weeks... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Old 03-18-2003, 06:42 PM
Clink69
Drifting

Don't you think the big car companies would be using this if it worked... they are struggling to improve milage to meet Gov't Regs and if this were true and so simple it would be on all cars..

:bs
Old 03-18-2003, 06:49 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Check the back pages of Mechanix Illustrated, August 1956. Those devices have been around a long time. Not to mention the 100mpg carb....
Old 03-18-2003, 07:46 PM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

:lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: SNake Oil :spam :bs :rolleyes:
Old 03-18-2003, 07:58 PM
vettfixr
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, it is absolutely possible. It is also possible to rearch the moon if you can jump high enough or run on water if you're light enough and fast enough. :jester :crazy:

[Modified by vettfixr, 7:59 PM 3/18/2003]
Old 03-18-2003, 08:07 PM
NHvette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: [OT] Fuel efficiency by strapping this device on your fuel line - Is it possible? (vettfixr)

The reason these things never work is that no-one has yet figured out how to
connect a flux capacitor in a positive feedback configuration. Of course - when
they finally DO figure it out - the magnetic field will grow continuously - until
it overcomes the magnetic North Pole - and pulls the Earth into the carb float bowl.

It is commonly believed that this is the way to reverse the big bang - with fuel saver magnets.

:lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :jester :jester :jester :troll :troll :troll :skep: :skep: :skep:

Of course - these things may actually catch bits of rust or metal coming from the fuel tank.
:p: :p: :p:

[Modified by NHvette, 8:09 PM 3/18/2003]
Old 03-18-2003, 08:10 PM
Cookwithvette
Burning Brakes

Wow! Now THAT is scary. Where is the FTC?
Old 03-18-2003, 09:12 PM
RCB69L36
Drifting

Default Re:

Wow! Now THAT is scary. Where is the FTC?
:withstupid: :lolg: :lolg:

I knew this post would garner a good amount of responses.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:21 PM
RMVette
Race Director

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

The last time I saw this was in the early '80's. It didn't work then and I doubt that things have changed! You'll be seeing a lot of "fuel saving" devices with gas increasing in price. How about the thing that you put inside your air cleaner cover to make the air swrill into the carb so it's more effecient? :bs
Old 03-18-2003, 10:32 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: [OT] Fuel efficiency by strapping this device on your fuel line - Is it possible? (RMVette)

Oh, it has a money back gurantee. It must really work!!!!! :bs

[Modified by 71,454,4spd, 9:34 PM 3/18/2003]
Old 03-19-2003, 03:00 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: [OT] Fuel efficiency by strapping this device on your fuel line - Is it possible? (71,454,4spd)

Isn't this the best thing to mount right after the flux capacitors????

Get notified of new replies

To [OT] Fuel efficiency by strapping this device on your fuel line - Is it possible?

Quick Reply: [OT] Fuel efficiency by strapping this device on your fuel line - Is it possible?