C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower radiator hose on a 76 fu@*!ng pita !!!!! help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 12:46 AM
mountainshark76
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower radiator hose on a 76 fu@*!ng pita !!!!! help?

This Sucked And I Still Dont Know If its right. My old hose had a spring in it
and the replacement did not so I pulled the spring out and put it in the new hose but then try as I might I could not get it in so I pulled it back out and reinstaled the hose it went in but no spring is it ok like that? :banghead:
Old 03-18-2003, 01:01 AM
tnt76vette
Drifting

Default Re: Lower radiator hose on a 76 fu@*!ng pita !!!!! help? (mountainshark76)

First of All: CHILL DUDE! Rip open a Coors or sumthin" OK? I think you are going to be OK. The spring was in there to keep the hose from collapsing in a vacuum state. Perhaps others will chime in a tell you otherwise but I think you are going to be fine...... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 03-18-2003, 02:05 AM
R. Bruno
Drifting

Default Re: Lower radiator hose on a 76 fu@*!ng pita !!!!! help? (mountainshark76)

:iagree: Hard to find new hoses with springs. I special ordered a Goodyear at over $20 and guess what? No spring. Just drive it and you will find out soon enough.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:13 AM
tippi58
Racer

I put new hoses in my 77 three years ago and they had no springs.
Everything is AOK. She runs 190 degrees and is as sweet as a nut.
:cheers:

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Old 03-18-2003, 09:50 AM
A2Shark
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Lower radiator hose on a 76 fu@*!ng pita !!!!! help? (tippi58)

I have gone through this...

I replaced the lower radiator hose on my '76 with one I bought from an auto parts store. No spring. Without a spring, the hose tends to collapse when sucking coolant. After about a year, the hose developed a crack in one of the bends and I blame the lack of a spring.

I then went to the GM dealer and bought the correct part. It had a spring and fit perfectly. It is amazing how much easier they are to install when they are the exact size in the first place.

Brian

Old 03-18-2003, 10:08 AM
RATT7
Pro

I replaced all the hoses last year on my 1980 and the lower hose is not the easiet to remove. I was unable to find a lower hose with a spring in it in my area. I was able to order the correct hose with spring from Zip and found that the fit was excellent. I would go with the spring because at least if there is a problem with over heating in the future you wont have to second guess that the lower hose is collapsing due to a missing spring. :)

Get notified of new replies

To Lower radiator hose on a 76 fu@*!ng pita !!!!! help?

Quick Reply: Lower radiator hose on a 76 fu@*!ng pita !!!!! help?