C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little police humor

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 12:18 PM
biggjimm
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little police humor

I replied to a post a few minutes ago and thought I would share the story with everyone. Yesterday I went to the shop, with intentions of cleaning up, but that never happened, as I walked by the vette, it was calling my name. So, I decided to tinker around with it. Anyway, I fired it up. Now it is a pretty healthy engine with open headers and it is very loud. I decide to take out in the parking lot. I cruise it through the lot a couple of times romping on it a bit. When I come to the entrance to the side street that goes along side the mall, there were a couple of guys in the mall lot standing around talking. So, I figure it wont hurt to cruise down the street and back. Just one time. So I pull out and give her all shes got. :steering: You know the routine, sideways to the right, then to the left, and then right again. Just when I get her straightened out she hits second gear. The tires break loose , she pulls to the right again. Now I am running out of road. I stamd on the manual brakes and finally get her stopped. Turn around and put back to the garage. About ten minutes later the cops come walking in. They proceed to tell me how it is ilegal to run the headers without mufflers and that it was pretty dangerous and stupid for me to be driving like that. I agree with them and let them know that it wont happen again :D Then in the very next sentence they ask me if I would take it out in the parking lot and "show em what shes got" So being the nice guy that I am :D I obliged them.They were very impressed. They told me to park it and not do it anymore until I put the exhaust on it. I agreed and they left :thumbs:
Old 03-17-2003, 12:45 PM
jrzvette
Safety Car

Location: The reason time exists is so everything doesn't happen at once
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: A little police humor (biggjimm)

Its amazing what happens when the cops find out you're not some wannbe ricer. I've been stopped several times and when the cop finds out I'm old enough to be his father he sort of forgets why he pulled me over and starts asking about the car.

One time the cop asked me how fast it would go. I looked him right in the eye and said "55 miles per hour, officer. Have a nice day".

Old 03-17-2003, 12:47 PM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

That's a great story. It's nice when cops are cool while doing their job. You're lucky you had some good guys respond to the call.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:49 PM
Avette4me
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

:cool: I'm sure that they were called in and doing their job. It's kinda nice when they show their human side.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Clink69
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way cool. I had a similar situation when the Cop blocked me in as I was hanging around a local hangout spot with mostly ricers. I thought I was in trouble for something . He just comes up and starts talking about how cool the car is and how he tired of all the Ricers (yes he called them that)... :lol: We talked for over an hour... Many times the plice are quite human... and are into REAL cool cars..

Get notified of new replies

To A little police humor

Quick Reply: A little police humor