C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker Sidemount Headers and 4"pipes for C3 with ZZ4 and Fastburn Heads?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 07:50 PM
65LS6C4
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Hooker Sidemount Headers and 4"pipes for C3 with ZZ4 and Fastburn Heads?

Is anyone currently running, or has attempted to install Hooker Sidemount Headers on C3 with ZZ4 equipped with Fastburn Heads? The Hooker note #127 - indicates that the headers are not compatible with angle plug heads. I am currently running another brand of headers without any interference. Has anyone made these work with the angle plug heads and d-ports?
Old 03-16-2003, 09:44 PM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: Hooker Sidemount Headers and 4"pipes for C3 with ZZ4 and Fastburn Heads? (65LS6C4)

Can't answer your question about the Hookers, but I can tell you about my approach. I bought the Sanderson Shorty Blockhugger Headers for the ZZ5 and then decided to go with sidepipes. I am going to use an H in between the pipes and JCL Spiral Tubes under a set of '69 Fiberglass Covers. This combo should result in a quite high flow system.

You might contact JCL and look at their comparison of the two setups. There are many advantages to the JCL's and combined with the '69 style covers less likely to get someone burned. The Sanderson headers are of very high quality also. Good Luck with your choice.

Quick Reply: Hooker Sidemount Headers and 4"pipes for C3 with ZZ4 and Fastburn Heads?