C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about body shaking

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 06:05 PM
xfactor974
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about body shaking

I'm driving down the street today about 45mph and the body starts shaking left and right like I'm steering left and right real fast. i had my brother in the car, he said he felt it also. So I let him out on the side of the road and backed up a ways. I drove by him and then stopped and picked him up. He said from his point of view it looked as if the body was shaking left and right but I was holding the wheel straight. When I got home and made a left into the driveway it felt as if the driver's side rear wheel was going to fall off. I checked the lug nuts and they're tight. I slid under the car and nothing looks bent or broken. Have any of you guys had this happen. Do you know what this is a symptom of? Any help would be greatly apprieciated.
Old 03-16-2003, 06:14 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: Question about body shaking (xfactor974)

I think you need to take it to someone who is an expert on front ends/suspension...you have some bad components there...ball joints, tie rod ends, controll arm bushings...and the assist cylinder...maybe even the idler arm...and steering box need checking too...not to mention shocks...
I suspect everything is loose enough that when taken in total, you need rebuilding.....I wonder maybe even the conrtoll valve...

GENE
Old 03-16-2003, 06:23 PM
vettedreams
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Question about body shaking (mrvette)

check the trailing arm shims, are they still there? Is the cotter pin still there?Just a free check, good luck.
Old 03-16-2003, 07:27 PM
xfactor974
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question about body shaking (vettedreams)

thanks for the replys. Sounds like i have some work cut out for me.

Get notified of new replies

To Question about body shaking

Quick Reply: Question about body shaking