C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a good reason to take car out of winter storage today

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 06:55 PM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Had a good reason to take car out of winter storage today

The story goes like this. My 15 year old stepson just got his first broken heart from a fallout with his first highschool sweetheart. Needless to say he was feelin kinda glum. I told him dont worry theres lots a fish in the sea. I left him sit for a while, as I brainstormed for a way to cheer him up. Bingo..the idea popped into my head. "hey son, whatta ya say if we take the cover off the vette and clean it up and burn around town a little. A smile broke over his face and he said "yeah" So the story continues as we snake thru the streets to the sounds of screamin flowmasters. Stopped to fill up with high test. Cruised around some more crankin some CD's. Needless to say he's a little more chipper now. Ah... the power of a sleek screamin vette. The car runs great. All I can say is, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

This was him before the ride>>> :sad:

This is him after the ride>>>>>> :D

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 03-15-2003, 06:59 PM
gq82
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: Had a good reason to take car out of winter storage today (Jvette73)

Your a good dad. :cheers:
Old 03-15-2003, 07:19 PM
1Bad69
Safety Car

Default Re: Had a good reason to take car out of winter storage today (Jvette73)

works every time... :D i wish the weather would get better here real quick....today was the first day that we had temp. above 0....still lots of salt on the roads though.... :cry
Old 03-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: Had a good reason to take car out of winter storage today (1bad69)

:cool: Gonna try to fire mine up tommorrow. Should be 60 degrees.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Had a good reason to take car out of winter storage today
I had mine out today too. Wife came along, but she only goes to look at houses & such along the way. Anyway we were slowly driving thru this new street with kids riding bikes & playing. We turned around in the culdesac and I saw this 6 year old on a bike following us. So I slowed down to let him catch up to my door. I then asked him if he wanted to race. You shoulda see the smile on his face & the gleam in his eye. :yesnod: A little further up the street sat another older boy. As we slowly passed he smiled and yelled "N-i-i-i-i-ce!" :D I said "Thanks". Not that you could hear me or anything else with the rumble of the chambered exhaust. :lol:

My wife asked, "What did he say?" I said I think he was talking about you. He said "She's nice." :lolg: I was coming to a stop sign by then so I of course rev'd the engine to plant the seed in those little brains. :D
:thumbs:
Old 03-16-2003, 07:49 AM
guppie
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

It's funny what will mend a broken heart. I know mine felt better yesterday. Grabbed the wife, pulled off the T's and took a 3 town cruise, ending up at the local DQ. That really felt great since I just got mine last October and haven't had much good weather. Got to wave at another C3, That was about the only look I got. My area must be enhanced by gun racks and mailpouch.
OH WELL! I love it. :cheers: :thumbs: :thumbs: :cheers:
Old 03-16-2003, 08:55 AM
wayne_69_427
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Idea.......I got mine running today for the first time since Thanksgiving when I put it away. I forgot how much fun it is to drive :thumbs:
Old 03-16-2003, 09:28 AM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Had a good reason to take car out of winter storage today (wayne_69_427)

Should have let him drive! :D
Old 03-16-2003, 12:36 PM
HcDave1
Racer

Default Re: Had a good reason to take car out of winter storage today (78Vette-SA)

storage??? whats that i just back mine out of the driveway year round :chevy

sorry i just had to mess with the snow vette oners :lol:
Old 03-16-2003, 12:40 PM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

Default Re: Had a good reason to take car out of winter storage today (HcDave1)

:cheers:
Old 03-16-2003, 12:48 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Had a good reason to take car out of winter storage today (Metal_Wulf)

Your a great dad john :cheers: :thumbs:
Old 03-16-2003, 03:40 PM
Hershey
Racer

A ride in a Vette is therapy for any of us. I've let each of my employees drive mine around the block ( with me along of course ) and it helps to keep good relations. I'm also a diabetic and every day when I get home my blood sugar is in perfect range, so I tell my wife I just need to ride around in my Vette all day, and I won't have any medical problems. Hershey
Old 03-16-2003, 07:36 PM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Without intentions of being self gratuitous, I thank those for complimenting me on my parenting skills. I guess im somewhere above the dis-functional level. Anyhow the boy is doing fine. The girl didnt dump him although the problem did arise as a result of her overprotective parents. He's been thinking about gettin his liscence soon. He's been out there cleaning and polishing my old 4x4 for the last two days with the notion he'll be driving it eventually. Man I gotta say, that truck is cleaner than its been in a long time.

:cheers:
Old 03-16-2003, 07:51 PM
d&d74BBcherryred
Heel & Toe

Hey give yourself a big pat on the back as there aren't too many good step parents around. I know I had a few bad ones. Also hear about them from my kids whose friends have bad ones. My kids are blessed with a great step father too. Now according to them the step mother leaves a lot to be desired. Can't win em all. Keep up the great job!! :yesnod:
Old 03-16-2003, 08:08 PM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Default Re: Had a good reason to take car out of winter storage today (d&d74BBcherryred)

Thanks again. This step son has been in my life since he was 18 months old. I remember long ago when his mother(now my wife) picked me up one day. It was the first day I met him. He was sleeping in the carseat in the back at first. We were parked near a runway watching planes come in when he woke up. I turned around and looked into his eyes. Man did he give me the evil eye. I know if he could have, he would have said it, cause he was thinkin..."who the hell are you"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-16-2003, 08:33 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: Had a good reason to take car out of winter storage today (wayne_69_427)

Wayne,
That is a very pretty 1969....Well done!

Get notified of new replies

To Had a good reason to take car out of winter storage today

Quick Reply: Had a good reason to take car out of winter storage today