C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 06:46 PM
Toy4Two
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it

with my 1974 roadster and say :seeya nice car , and he fires back, thanks, what's that, an 82 or something!!!! :banghead: :banghead:

:cuss :cuss For some reason, that just pissed me off! But, what a great day, 79degrees, sunny, it couldn't get any better. Besides my bald head being sunburnt, it was a great day for cruising.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:52 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it (Toy4Two)

some people just own em and dont know about em :rolleyes:
Old 03-15-2003, 07:18 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it (QuickVet)

Some people are using the Corvette for a status symbol. Ignore them. They'll sell them once the novelty wears off. Those of us who are Corvette People will always have them, and love each and every example we see. :chevy If that were me I would probably have had you pull over somewhere, we'd start talking Corvettes, and my wife would start nudging me to get going after the first hour or so. :lol: That happens sometimes, but she understands, and is into the Corvettes as well, so it's all good.

-Justin
Old 03-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it (Dalannex)

Well at least he knew your's was a Vette of some vintage! :D

What's even more outrageous are the people who ask me if my '70 is a new one! :lolg: :lolg: "Gee it looks new!" :lolg:
Old 03-15-2003, 09:59 PM
SCVetteGuy
Racer

Default Re: Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it (1970 Stingray)

The other day a guys asks me "What year is that? an '83?' I said "No, '80" too bad the guy had to pick the one model year corvette didn't really have!! :nonod:
Old 03-15-2003, 10:08 PM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

Default Re: Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it (SCVetteGuy)

:lol:
Old 03-15-2003, 10:25 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it (Dalannex)

[Modified by 71,454,4spd, 9:27 PM 3/15/2003]
Old 03-15-2003, 10:26 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

:iagree:
Some people are using the Corvette for a status symbol. Ignore them. They'll sell them once the novelty wears off. Those of us who are Corvette People will always have them, and love each and every example we see. :chevy If that were me I would probably have had you pull over somewhere, we'd start talking Corvettes, and my wife would start nudging me to get going after the first hour or so. :lol: That happens sometimes, but she understands, and is into the Corvettes as well, so it's all good.

-Justin
Old 03-15-2003, 10:33 PM
desi
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it (Toy4Two)

Obviously an owner, not an Enthusiast !!

Should have told him it was an 83...

:seeya
Old 03-15-2003, 10:49 PM
Stoge
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it (QuickVet)

some people just own em and dont know about em :rolleyes:
:withstupid: I know a guy who owns a '73 who swears up and down that it is a '71.
Old 03-16-2003, 02:25 AM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it (Simon Alexander)

That guy must have been an idiot. Maybe he'll surface on the forum and learn something. :cheers:
Old 03-16-2003, 02:34 AM
Love My 72 and 77
Drifting

Of course that guy didnt know the last C3 with a top made to sunburn your "bald head" was a 1975 along with bumpers and rear window for at a glance things. I understand your frustration BUT at that point you should have asked if he wanted to sell his car - he might not have known what it was worth?? OK close your eyes and imagine I pull up next to you in my 1972 coupe and say WOW I have never seen a 1974 drop top in person!! NICE CAR!!!! :seeya

[Modified by Love My 72 and 77, 7:36 AM 3/16/2003]
Old 03-16-2003, 03:39 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it (Love My 72 and 77)

Of course that guy didnt know the last C3 with a top made to sunburn your "bald head" was a 1975
:confused:

I get a sunburnt head in my 82 with my T-Tops off. :p:
Old 03-16-2003, 08:39 AM
BTRNSEX
Drifting

Default Re: Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it (Love My 72 and 77)

Was he from France maybe? :skep:
Old 03-16-2003, 08:42 AM
BB wowbagger
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it (BTRNSEX)

Was he from France maybe? :skep:
:withstupid:

Hihihihi...Good one :cheers:
Old 03-16-2003, 08:55 AM
914eener
Pro

Default Re: Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it (BB wowbagger)

Sounds like a "POSER" :U who bought a Vette and doesn't know anything about it other than how to turn the key to start it. These are also the people who but the worn out models and then complain that Vettes are junk because they didn't know how to do a pre purchase inspection and then Bubba changes them an arm and leg to "repair" :D the car they they should have walked away from.

Porsche drivers are the worst for this. If they don't belong to PCA (Porsche Club America) I don't fool with em. Nothing worse than an "POSER" :D Just becuse you can buy the car doesn't mean they should sell it to you.
Old 03-16-2003, 12:57 PM
HcDave1
Racer

Default Re: Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it (914eener)

ive been filling up my car at the gas station and they always think my car is in the 60's how dumb can someone get if you know anything about a vette you can at least tell the difference between 1-5 generation but hey im just overly obsessed with corvettes (as my mom tell me everyday) just because i spend more time working on my car than i go to school doesnt mean anything. :smash: I ran into actually one person who was right on my car he was wow a nice anaversery car and we talked for about 2 hours and we went back to his place to check out his sweet 72. Its a joy to me to find someone who is the same way about cars as i am. Beats talking to yourself about em hahaha. I actually get more people who give me thumbs up in other sports cars. I actually got a wave from a viper a few weeks ago. He was just afraid i would light him up :lol: yea right. In my experence about C5 oners they are just using the car to show off the money around here. I dont even bother looking at them anymore because i tryed to talk to a few of them and i just got a go to hell kid, and i know for a fact all they know its a corvette and how to open the door and start it thats all they know. Not a diss to thoes of you who own c5s because i would love a z06. To the point you can tell a real car guy right away. I get more thumbs up a "cool car" from little kids like 8-13. I was hoping someone in my classes would be into cars but nope everyone drive a import and i dont know jack about them.

Get notified of new replies

To Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it

Old 03-16-2003, 01:53 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Default Re: Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it (HcDave1)

Guys,

People who do not research the differences will never really know. They are guessing. I was 1 yr old when they built my '69. I didn't realize the differences (except for chrome bumper vs. rubber bumper) until just last year when I started researching them. If its a coke-bottle shape, then its a C3, and I'd be willing to bet many Vette owners (myself sometimes!) do not know the differences in each one.

Remember, its a lot different owning one of these compared to a C5 ... where they ALL look identical from '97-03 except for the slight differences in the Z06 model.

People of my generation, unless they've studied them a lot, see a C3 as a C3. I would not be overly offended by it at all if they get the year wrong. :) I'd just ask, instead of guessing, though. :lol:

Trust me, it will never go away though... and my plate reads "ITS A 69". I almost want to just walk back to the rear of the car and point at the plate when someone asks, or just leave them in the dust so they can read it. But I look at it as I'm going to be nice and try to educate people, and give a smile and wave.

The car attracts a lot of attention; all of it good, positive responses by people of all ages. My Z06 might as well be invisible to 90% of the population. :D
Old 03-16-2003, 06:57 PM
OatBoy
Pro

alright i admit i can't tell certain years apart but mistaking a 74 for an 82 is just dumb. i was downtown the other day a real nice 57 fuelie went by, and someone yelled "look at that old mercedes, thats dope" i wanted to kill him.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:28 AM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

what's that, an 82 or something!!!!
It's not an '82? :confused: :lolg:

Ya just gotta laugh at some people! :lol:

Quick Reply: Ok, I see this really nice 72 Roadster, so I pull up next to it