C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stupid gas pedal!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 05:36 PM
JJ Deuce
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default stupid gas pedal!

okaaayyy.....

i'm driving the slug the other day, and the accelerator sticks. I threw it neutral and pumped the pedal to bring the idle down, but it just kept revving. Finally, I shut her down, and waited a while. When I started it up, it started all over again. I shut her down again, opened the hood, checked the linkage, cable, return spring...everything looks good. Close the hood, start to get back in the car, and lo and behold, the $%^&**! floormat had moved up over the go pedal and was holding it down. I knew the oem floormats didn't fit worth a damn, but I didn't expect that to happen. :cuss
Old 03-14-2003, 05:38 PM
77Dream
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: stupid gas pedal! (Jeff 6T9)

Thats her way of telling you to drive faster. :lol:
Old 03-14-2003, 06:31 PM
jerryp58
Melting Slicks

Well, at least it was an easy fix :yesnod:

FWIW, I got a set of ZIP's carpeted mats with the Corvette logo on them several years ago. They fit well and have held up very well.

As soon as I read the subject I thought of an experience with my '68 Mustang. I was driving along (about 55MPH) on a two lane road, minding my own business, all of a sudden the pedal goes to the floor and away I go :eek: I managed to get my foot under the pedal and pull it back up, then slow down to a stop. Turns out the return spring on the linkage broke :crazy: Needless to say, it freaked me out :yesnod:
Old 03-14-2003, 06:39 PM
My69
Burning Brakes

Jeff:

Something simular happened to me. I looked everywhere under the hood, checked the linkage etc. I couldnt see a problem. I restarted the car and I thought I was gonna blow the motor. What the Heck is going on. I finally look down at the gas pedal and I see that the spring and pin have somehow gotton stuck into the carpet and holding the gas pedal down. Easy fix but needless to say I felt like a horses butt.

Mike :smash:
Old 03-14-2003, 08:46 PM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the aftermarket carpet mats (w/Corvette in vinyl), and they always creep forward (away from driver seat) as I drive. :cuss
Old 03-14-2003, 08:50 PM
wayne_69_427
Pro

Now that could be anintresting ride :steering: :steering:
Old 03-14-2003, 08:56 PM
69stingray
Burning Brakes

In my Vette the floormat rides up and prevents the accelerator from being depressed to it fullest potential. That is annoying when you go to pass and you have no juice! :cuss

I had a buddy suggest one-sided Velco on the bottom of the flootmat, has anyone tried this?

Get notified of new replies

To stupid gas pedal!

Quick Reply: stupid gas pedal!