C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Pump Pulley Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 02:23 AM
Blane Johnson
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Pump Pulley Question

What size water pump is on a 1969 corvette 350/350 hp, Long or short? I 'm having a problem with the Har. Bal. pulley and the water pump pulley touching and clattering when running. Also I need to know if the pulleys are correct. The bottom is three groove and the water pump is two. How do you size them? Thank you for your help
Old 03-14-2003, 10:14 AM
no_radio
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Water Pump Pulley Question (Blane Johnson)

Should be the short water pump.
I called March Pulleys this week to ask some questions. Their engineer told me that the Corvette water pumps are actually a little shorter than other "short" water pumps. If you look at their kits the ones for Corvettes are a different part number. If you can, remove the pulleys and look for part numbers stamped on them. Then you can call the Chevrolet dealer or post the part numbers on the Forum and see if they are the right ones. Sounds like you have the wrong pulley diameter.
Mine run pretty close but don't touch. Another thought...is your water pump shaft bent?
Jeff

Quick Reply: Water Pump Pulley Question