C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

69 427 390hp carbuerators

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 04:08 PM
bdmengr
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 69 427 390hp carbuerators

I have a numbers matching '69 390 hp with an Avenger intake and Carter AFB. The car doesn't run as good as it should and I am considering changing the carbuerator. Does anyone have any advice for going back to original with rebuilt Rochester, Edelbrock Quad or other aftermarket carb that would work well. The manifold would need to be replaced to go back to the quadrajet.

Someone told me about a Holley throttle body injection system that may also be an option. I look forward to any advice you have.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:53 PM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 69 427 390hp carbuerators (bdmengr)

Rebuilt carburetors are almost always pure junk and never work right. I suggest going with a NEW eldelbrock Q-jet replacement. OR... If you can find an Original BB Q-jet that hasn't been through a generic rebuild, Send it to someone like Lars or a custom rebuilder. Q-jets rebuilt by Holley have a serious problem... They (holley) clip the pin off of the bottom of the power piston making fot Absolutely terrible drivability and performance. I haven't a clue why they do that but.... It really screws up a fine carburetor.

Quick Reply: 69 427 390hp carbuerators