C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who sells this part?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 08:38 PM
nada
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who sells this part?

There is an insulated wire that goes to the TCS switch on the carb. The wires run along the driver's side valve cover and are covered by an insulated casing. Do any of the vendors car this insulation?

Thanks, Rick in Tennessee :confused:
Old 03-12-2003, 10:49 PM
gq82
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: Who sells this part? (Rick Church)

Rick I'm not sure but the wiring to the TCS (Tramission Controlled Spark) solenoid actually called CEC (Combined Emission Control) in 71 is wrapped in black tape on my car. A pic of this in the NCRS Tech/Judging manual looks to be black tape also and I have a pic from the Florida Reg of a very orginal 70 LT1 and that also has black tape covering the wires. Not sure if what your seeing is orginal or not but I'm sure the NCRS board would know.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:13 AM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Default Re: Who sells this part? (gq82)

Rick, I believe that "threaded like" material is actually the same "stuff" that GM also used to cover the wire going to the water temp sending unit in the driver's side head with the green wire. I THINK Dr.Rebuild MAY have it, not sure though. It's more like a small "tube" than an actual "wrap".
Old 03-13-2003, 04:49 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

I know we're talking 71 but I've got an image of a 70 TCS with wire wrapped in black tape...there's a label on the TCS. If it'll help, I can send. It came from an NCRS Top Flight LT1 Laguna Gray roadster.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:13 PM
Gator81
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just for what it's worth, which likely ain't much... but, if NCRS originality isn't a big issue, you might consider this stuff that is under the hood of most later years, including my '81. It's flexible split conduit. I've seen it in various sizes and colors, including black, recently at Home Depot, Lowe's, and Radio Shack. It's also available online at mycableshop.com and others.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:01 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 756 Likes on 525 Posts

Default Re: Who sells this part? (Paul Borowski)

Rick, I believe that "threaded like" material is actually the same "stuff" that GM also used to cover the wire going to the water temp sending unit in the driver's side head with the green wire. I THINK Dr.Rebuild MAY have it, not sure though. It's more like a small "tube" than an actual "wrap".
:iagree:

I purchaced a temp sensor terminal end and insulator and that is what the insulator is. I think I got it from CC or ZIP

Look at the right side of this picture on the temp sensor wire. Is that what your looking for?
John
Old 03-13-2003, 09:44 PM
nada
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Who sells this part? (theandies)

Yep, that is the stuff I'm looking for. I found it at Doc Rebuild but the piece so to short for the TCS wire. It is designed for the temp switch wire that runs from near the alternator wiring harness.

Get notified of new replies

To Who sells this part?

Quick Reply: Who sells this part?