C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1980 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 08:27 AM
LRPMAN
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1980 Exhaust

Please excuse the dumbness of the question. Am I reading correct that I can REMOVE the stock Exhaust from the headers (stock) and go to SIDE PIPES on a 1980 OR is thw DUALS from that point to the back? If it is Duals, wifes car, what system? She thinks that flowmasters is to much noise. I am used to open pipes on a sprint car so nothing is to much for me. This is her dream car and wants it VERY VERY NICE! :cheers:
Old 03-12-2003, 08:34 AM
Ganey
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: 1980 Exhaust (LRPMAN)

She wants sidepipes?

Why Exhaust is problem for HP on 75-81
what many refer to as my Exhaust topic. http://www.corvettefaq.com/c3/ganeyexhaust.htm
Old 03-12-2003, 08:36 AM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 1980 Exhaust (LRPMAN)

If it's your wife's car, don't put side pipes on there. She'll kill you. For her sake, I'd recommend something along the lines of the Mid-America true dual system, with stock-type mufflers. For good measure, add an H-pipe. I have this system on my car and there is a nice rumble to it.

Best of all, you won't be sleeping in the doghouse! :jester
Old 03-12-2003, 10:16 AM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: 1980 Exhaust (page62)

If it's your wife's car, don't put side pipes on there. She'll kill you. For her sake, I'd recommend something along the lines of the Mid-America true dual system, with stock-type mufflers. For good measure, add an H-pipe. I have this system on my car and there is a nice rumble to it.

Best of all, you won't be sleeping in the doghouse! :jester
Just get a local shop to bend pipes to the same configuration as the Mid-America pipes. Nothing beats hands on fit and finish. I have heard many complaints that the Mid-America system did not fit right and then had to be taken to a shop for more work and money.

If you don't have to run the converter, just do duals and some good mufflers. Stay away from those flowmasters -- I have them on my truck and they **** me off everytime I am on the interstate.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:29 PM
LRPMAN
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: 1980 Exhaust (BSeery)

Thanks for the info. I agree on the FLOW Masters :iagree: THe custom route sounds good BUT we have moved to AIKEN SC and I do not have any clue if I can fins as good a fabricator as I had in Florida.
This iwhy I came back to the forum, GOOD people and GOOD information! :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To 1980 Exhaust

Quick Reply: 1980 Exhaust