C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check your steeroids carefully

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 10:52 PM
MarkO
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check your steeroids carefully

Mine arrived today, and had I not looked very closely I would have missed the holes in the accordion thing (not sure what it's called, obviously). The box was in good shape and the bag it was in does not have holes, so I'm guessing it happened before it was boxed up.
Note that I am not complaining yet, I'm just suggesting that everyone who ordered one give it a thorough checking out before installing.
I just sent off an email to their customer service so see if they can send me a new part or what it will take to get this resolved.

Old 03-11-2003, 11:03 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Check your steeroids carefully (MarkO)

Keep us posted. I am interested in using it on a new project I am contemplating.

Good luck... :steering:
Old 03-12-2003, 04:32 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads up, ordered mine the fri before last but have not got it yet.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:36 PM
MarkO
Advanced

This turned out well. I got a reply back from their customer service first thing this morning with the options of either sending it back for a replacement or they would just send out a new boot for me to install. I told them I'll take a new boot and they are already sending it out today. This is clearly a company that cares about its customers and reputation. :cheers:
Old 03-12-2003, 02:45 PM
77Dream
Drifting

Good to know. I wont shop at places unless they have good customer service. I'm glad everything went OK. :)
Old 03-12-2003, 03:12 PM
ddecart
Team Owner

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
SPARTAN
CI 3-4-5-6-8-9-10 Vet
CI-9 AutoX Winner
CI-3 Go Kart Champ
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

This turned out well. I got a reply back from their customer service first thing this morning with the options of either sending it back for a replacement or they would just send out a new boot for me to install. I told them I'll take a new boot and they are already sending it out today. This is clearly a company that cares about its customers and reputation. :cheers:
:cool: Sounds like they're nice and responsive.

btw, it's officially called a 'dust boot' :yesnod:
Old 03-12-2003, 08:07 PM
Never Finished
Instructor

I had a slight problem too. The two bolts on the inner tie rod end mounting plate would not line up with the body of the unit. When I looked closely, I could see the tubes that are welded to the plate were splayed. With one phone call the replacement was at my door in a couple of days. No questions asked. They even apologized for the mistake. They do stand behind their product, and they never tried to make me feel like I was a dumbazz (although they would probably be correct).

Later in the installation I found the set screws on the lower joint hit the crossmember on my frame. I ground on the ones I had until I was nearly at the end of the allen wrench hole, and called to tell them my dilemma. They said "no problem, we'll send you some shorter ones." The new ones were there in a couple of days.

They were very helpful during the installation. I ran into a couple of clearance problems that must not be common in C3's. They talked me through all of them. Again, they were obviously trying to be very helpful, rather than getting the bad attitude I get at most help lines.

I've called them with questions about specific header clearance. Again, very helpful.

This is one of the modifications that I am most pleased with.

Get notified of new replies

To Check your steeroids carefully

Quick Reply: Check your steeroids carefully