C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(slightly OT)Becoming a judge. . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 08:35 PM
Teuffelhunde
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (slightly OT)Becoming a judge. . .

hopefully I won't be ostrisized in this "somewhat NCRS hating forum" for asking this question. Does anyone here know how I could go about becoming an NCRS judge? I know there are a couple judges out there so maybe you guys can help. The NCRS website wasn't much help.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:42 PM
turtlevette
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03,'11

Default Re: (slightly OT)Becoming a judge. . . (Teuffelhunde)

I wouldn't bother. The liberals will just filabuster you in the Senate.

Sorry, I just had to....

jim
Old 03-10-2003, 08:46 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

"somewhat NCRS hating forum"
I wouldnt characterize the forum that way at all!

Maybe one of the many NCRS judges can fill in the holes. I am not a judge, but I have a few "judging points". You accumulate enough points and presto!!! You are a judge! You can start out earning points by joining NCRS and attending a judged meet, and being an "Observer Judge", called "OJ" for short (no relation to orange juice or OJ Simpson). When you OJ you are supposed to observe and keep your mouth shut - not point out what is wrong with the car being judged! :lol: You can also earn judging points by attending classes that are given at regional NCRS meets and the national convention. In fact.... I have heard (rumors?? :lol: ) that there are some fairly high level judges that have never JUDGED !! :lol: They just attend a lot of classes at regional meets.. Once you accumulate enough points to actually be a judge you will probably want to get to know the judging chairman of your local chapter, who should be willing to pair you up with an experienced judge at a chapter meet. (I am just guessing about this last part.. time for a real black hat to jump in here! :lol: ) MJ

BTW, I cant think of a better way to learn about these cars. If you can read thru a manual, restoration guide, or the judging guides without falling asleep, more power to you! But there is no substitute for looking at 5 or 10 cars with an expert pointing things out to you.

[Modified by MNJack, 8:51 PM 3/10/2003]
Old 03-11-2003, 02:30 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: (MNJack)

You could try asking this in the Factory Correct Section
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zeroforum?id=77

Or go direct to the NCRS board.
http://www.ncrs.org/forum/tech.cgi?index

:seeya

Get notified of new replies

To (slightly OT)Becoming a judge. . .

Quick Reply: (slightly OT)Becoming a judge. . .