C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new jersey-can we use regular plates on antique insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 07:50 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default new jersey-can we use regular plates on antique insurance?

or do they have to be qq tags only,i want personal plates for the car but qq only has up to 5 letters.anyone know?
Old 03-10-2003, 08:17 AM
zone69
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Re: new jersey-can we use regular plates on antique insurance? (patsnitrovette)

I have regular plates with antique insurance the qood thing about QQ plates no inspection require
Old 03-10-2003, 08:23 AM
Pete76Shark
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: new jersey-can we use regular plates on antique insurance? (patsnitrovette)

When I lived in NJ (1.5 years ago) there was no requirement to have QQ plates with antique car insurance. And no inspection with QQ plates. This would be an insurance company requirement and I checked out several and none asked for QQ plates.

Here is SC I have antique insurance and regular plates (tags), not a problem and SC has no inspection on any car !!
Old 03-10-2003, 10:30 AM
vettfixr
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The QQ tags will get you out of having to go for inspections. you can have QQ tags and regular insurance or antique insurance. Regular tags can be used for regular insurance and antique insurance but you will have to go for inspections. I had to go with VETFXR on my QQ tags so the limit is 6 characters not 5, and it's nice not having to worry if the new intake and carb are going to pass emissions.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:12 AM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

Default Re: new jersey-can we use regular plates on antique insurance? (vettfixr)

The QQ tags will get you out of having to go for inspections. you can have QQ tags and regular insurance or antique insurance. Regular tags can be used for regular insurance and antique insurance but you will have to go for inspections. I had to go with VETFXR on my QQ tags so the limit is 6 characters not 5, and it's nice not having to worry if the new intake and carb are going to pass emissions.
:iagree:
Old 03-10-2003, 12:11 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: new jersey-can we use regular plates on antique insurance? (Metal_Wulf)

ok thanks guys at least ill have 6 letters to choose from for qq,i dont want to go back to inspection ever again.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:46 PM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

ok thanks guys at least ill have 6 letters to choose from for qq,i dont want to go back to inspection ever again.
:thumbs: I sent in the forms for my personalized QQ plates mid Jan, I can't wait til they come in!! I have a set a dynomax headers and super turbos, just dying to get put on :D

Get notified of new replies

To new jersey-can we use regular plates on antique insurance?

Quick Reply: new jersey-can we use regular plates on antique insurance?