C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

windshied wiper problems???

Old 03-09-2003, 06:42 PM
vettepet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshied wiper problems???

I have an 81 corvette & wipers did stay on all the time..couldnt cut them off..I changed wiper motor & wiper switch & now they work all the time still but will go off in one postion that I dont think is right but wont go into wiper park..they will stop wherever you turn it off at..isnt the positions suppose to be on wiper switch from bottom to top off...intermittent...low...high..?
My grounds are good otherwise the wiper motor wouldnt work but I regrounded it anyways & changed to another new motor & another switch & still the same..none of the books or stores show a relay but I would think it would have to have relays...theres 2 relays on the drivers side under hood with map sensor & I think they might be bad but who knows..I dont have any other ideas..Surely someone has had this problem before..81 corvette
Thanks for any help at all
Brian

Also if anyone might know where I could find or download a wiring diagram for the wiper circuit Id appreciate it..
Old 03-09-2003, 07:02 PM
homers3
Intermediate

Default Re: windshied wiper problems??? (vettepet)

when I first got my 81, the wipers wouldn't work at all. took the motor apart, cleaned brushes. works now, but like yours, they will park when you shut off the switch. also pulse delay doesn't work. the switch is down for mist (one swipe), up (from off) one notch pulse, two notches low, three high. there is a wiper control relay behind the passenger seat under the storage compartment . the relays under the hood (left side)are for maniforl vacuum and egr control
Old 03-11-2003, 02:38 AM
vettepet
Pro

Default Re: windshied wiper problems??? (homers3)

Hey I found the relays but there are 3 of them back there..2 are silver aluminum looking & 1 is a black plastic box..dealer says its called a wiper control module..& is discontinued & I cant seem to find anywhere else..do you or anyone know if the black box is the control module?
Surely someone else has had this problem or wants to fix there own doing this..
Still havent found a wiring diagram or anything..my ground is good & everything..I think my problem is in the module but making sure which one is it & where to get is my problem now..im getting closer anyways..
The part # stamped on the black box is 16012660
Thanks for any info anyone can get for me..
Brian
Old 03-11-2003, 10:36 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Yes, the black box should be a wiper controll module...delay....so remove it, and take the box off gently, and see if all the solder connections on the print board are solid...nothing coming loose from vibration over the years....

resolder any loose shakey connections....

GENE
Old 03-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Wrecked82
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey, its only a $259 item from ZIP :lol:

http://store.yahoo.com/zipproducts/zip-es-388.html

Just kidding. My delay does not work either, but for that price, it won't anytime soon.

Get notified of new replies

To windshied wiper problems???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: windshied wiper problems???