C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to remove some door parts???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 11:16 AM
zschunky
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to remove some door parts???

Hi!

I'm trying to remove the power door motor and the window regulator out of the door. The motor has to be replaced and the window regulator has to be fixed. Both of them are mounted from the door inside with some really strange screws which I have to remove. I tried to use some pliers but other than getting scratches on the paint didn't help it much.
I don't know how I have to remvoe this screws. Does any one have an idea??? Is there a special tool available for this kind of screw???

thanks in advance

-zschunky
Old 03-09-2003, 11:26 AM
Zane
Racer

Default Re: how to remove some door parts??? (zschunky)

Welcome to the forum zschunky :yesnod: The first thing you need to do is remove the door glass. Those strange scews you see are not scews at all. They are rivits. The rivits must be drilled out. Then the power lift motor and the regualtor will come out the same hole the lift motor is seen in. I'm not sure where to find new rivits that big so I used 1/4 20 scews and nuts. The nuts where a little tricky to get on but I did make them work. Hope this helps out.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:36 AM
zschunky
4th Gear

Default Re: how to remove some door parts??? (Zane)

thanks for the fast reply. I try to remove 2 things the power door motor and the window regulator. The service manual also says that this are screws and they are mounted to another strange nuts on the outside of the door. These nuts are round and I can only use a plier to move it a little bit. But unfortunately the service manual doesn't say how to remove it, it just says remove it :crazy: .

-zschunky
Old 03-09-2003, 06:11 PM
zschunky
4th Gear

Default Re: how to remove some door parts??? (Zane)

you're right it were rivets and drilling them out worked finde. thanks for the advice :cheers: .

-zschunky

Get notified of new replies

To how to remove some door parts???

Quick Reply: how to remove some door parts???