C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turbos and superchagers

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 06:25 AM
HcDave1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbos and superchagers

i keep throwing the idea up in the air of one or there other when the engine is done. ive talked to different people about both and there seems to be a lot of work and expensive to get the boost on there.

Ive found some good turbos on ebay for like 400 dollars, im not to good with boost so i want to know what would be neeed and what is an average price to have it finnished... ive seen some kits go for like 1,000 - 4,000.

ive heard upgrading air flow and fuel system i would like all the opinions and ups and downs to both i keep reading about them but i would like to ask some questions about people experenced with turbos and superC

any info would be great

[Modified by HcDave1, 11:27 AM 3/9/2003]
Old 03-09-2003, 06:48 AM
Corz
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: turbos and superchagers (HcDave1)

turbo's are nice, but I'd rather be blown :reddevil oh um...

if you are running auto, go with a S/C

if you are stick, go with twin turbos; if you can; find some ball bearing turbos.

boost is addictive.. i would suggest talking to monty or twin turbo for turbo advice or merlin522 if you want S/C info

ps, if you go turbo, get a nice blow off valve :cheers:
Old 03-09-2003, 07:02 AM
HcDave1
Racer

Default Re: turbos and superchagers (Corzvette69)

yepp i got a 3 speed auto and reading about s/c i think it would be the best and easyest for me to tack on my more power after i finnish the engine up a bit.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:27 AM
1979toy
Melting Slicks

By far, the easiest installation will be a supercharger. That will be the cheapest complete installation also. I have not seen any supercharger that fits under a stock C3 hood.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:27 AM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It is alot of work and expense. Converting my nitrous bigblock to a 8-71 blower cost me $9000.
It was worth it but unless you can do your own work it will cost alot in just labour.
I do all my own work.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:12 AM
HcDave1
Racer

Default Re: turbos and superchagers (norvalwilhelm)

so there are no SC kits that will fit under a stock hood? what hood would you guys recomend to get a SC under there. At the prices some of you are talking about ill never be able to get that i can do all the work myself with some time ill get it right. Anyone know the best places to get kits for the vettes "reasonable" its not my goal to make a top drag car just a healty 350 block with a blower and making as little mods and cheepest as possible.

Get notified of new replies

To turbos and superchagers

Quick Reply: turbos and superchagers